Chapter 17: CATastrophe

(MISSING BLURB)

What were they even doing here? How did they know Eleanor? Why is my life turning insideout and flipping over on itself? It just doesn't seem fair.

I looked up at the roof of the bathroom. There was a window, maybe I could get out through there.

I reached up and stood in the little area under the window. If anyone walked into the bathroom right now, they would see me.

I pulled the hinges on the rusty window, they came apart in my hands very easily.

There was a small screen behind the glass of the window, it pushed the glass aside and pulled the screen into the bathroom. I threw the screen on the ground, my hand reaching for the wall, I missed. Slipping off the window sill, my leg fell into the toilet.

That's disgusting.

I pulled my leg out of he toilet and shook it off. I reclimbed into the window and slowly put my legs out of the school window. It was very difficult to go through, especially since it was up so high and a very small rectangular window.

I finally got my legs out of the window but the rest if me was still inside.

My heart pounder faster as the door began to open, nobody can see me like this.

"Pure?" Ashley's voice echoed into the bathroom. "What are you doing up there?" She asked, humor and worry present in her voice.

"It's nothing, I just dropped my phone, I'll go get it." I said, turning my attention back to the open window.

"You dropped your phone? Out of a window that's at the top of the bathroom?" She asked in disbelief.

"Uh yeah."

"Well, I hope you get your phone. Make sure you text me if your going to go to the beach house."

"Will do." I stated, struggling to hang on to the bathroom wall above the window.

"Strange hobbies." I heard her mummble as she stepped out of the bathroom.

I sighed, that was a relief. I pushed myself through the window, it was a tight squeeze, but I made it.

Not having anything to hang on to as I fell from the one story window, I landed in a trashcan.

Who keeps a trashcan under a bathroom window? I muttered to myself, pulling myself out of the trash.

I hobbled out, my shoe and foot still soaked from the toilet water, my body smelt of school lunch and pencil shavings.

I jogged outside of the school entry gate and ran the mile home.

Breathing heavily, I collapsed in my front yard on the grass. I have never ran this much in my life.

♡♡♡

The annoying buzz of flies made me realize that I'd almost fallen asleep outside my house. It made me realize that I smelled worse than shit itself, and it made me realize that there was possibly some dog kicking my foot.

I sat up staring at the hideous yellow eyed creature in front of me. It was small with a long tail.

Don't scream Pure, don't scream. I thought to myself as the monster was sleeping beside me.

I quickly got up and so did the disgusting beast.

"What are you?" I yelled, maybe if I pretended to be dead it would go away.

I glared at the monster, "Go home." I said, it strutted it's little paws up the side of my house and jumped into an open window.

MY ROOM!!

I rushed into the house, chasing after the beast that was now in my room.

"Get out!" I yelled.

"Blair honey is that you?" My mom yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, mom I'm home."

"Ok, be quieter, I think some homeless guy slept in here last night!" She yelled from downstairs.

"What?"

"There's pieces of food and paper on the floor and it smells like a dump truck. . . It's outside too!!!!!" She shrieked.

"Okay mom." I said, distracted by the furry mamal in front of me.

"Sarah, what are you staring at?" Mom walked into the room, distracting me.

"Nothing mom."

"The smell was you?!" She shouted in disbelief, "Go take a shower sweety, please." She said, pinching her nose and shutting my door as she walked away.

Something creeped up the side of my face. I turned my head to be faced with the yellow eyes of a demon.

"Aahhh!!" I screamed, shaking my body around to get the beast off of me.

It landed on bed, meanwhile the leftover food on my clothing flew around my room.

"Meaw." It said. I screamed, grabbing a shoe beside me.

It walked up to me and rubbed itself on the side of my foot, I shivered in fear.

"If you're going to kill me, do it quickly." I said. Hyperventilating.

"What on earth are you making all the screaming for?" Mom said, annoyed as she walked into my room again. "Oh, you got a cat, how cute." Mom began rubbing the beast.

"A cat?"

"You've never seen a cat."

"No. I've heard about them,who keeps this is a pet? Who wants this freaky thing staring at them all day and forcing you to rub their hairy backs?"

"Sweety it's fur. Now leave Mia with me and take a shower?"

"Mia?"

"Yeah. I'm naming the cat Mia."

"You can't be serious!" I yelled. How could she remember a cat's name and not her own daughters?

"Take a shower Susan." She said walking out the door with the beast in her hand.

I took a whiff of my shirt collar. It smelled so gross, I ran into the bathroom.

This is a catastrophe.