Chapter 27: One Step at a Time

"Richville huh?" He asked as he entered my neighborhood.

"What?" I asked.

"You live in the rich part of town, all the jocks live here." The green-eyed hero said.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing at all Pure. See you tomorrow,  I mean today since school starts in 3 hours," he grinned, parking in front of my house.

"I'm actually not going today." I said, sitting in his blue toyota.

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm not ready to go back."

"To go back?" He repeated with his smooth British accent. "Why would you let people define you? It was one incident a few days ago, if anyone says something or judges you, it's their jealousy and problems. Listen Pure, you don't have to care what people think, and if they do insult you, you should never give a fuck about their opinions." I was speechless. "But that's just my two cents." He stated, getting out of his car. I followed moments later. This boy that I've just met barely 2 hours ago has literally been able to change my perspective with a simple statement.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm walking you to your door, if that's ok?" He second guessed himself but eventually walked with me.

"Thanks for the ride." I smiled, entranced by his green eyes as we stood at my door. I wanted to hug him so bad, his muscular arms looked like they would make a great hug.

"No problem Pure. And please, come to school today." He smiled and began walking back to his car.

I stood at my door in amazement watching him as he sat in the car and drove away.

All I could think was how I'd never noticed him before.

♡♡♡

I stepped out of the shower and began blow drying my hair.

He was right,  I really shouldn't care what people think of me. If they want to insult me, they can and I won't care.

His words played over and over in my mind, his mesmerizing green eyes, but one thing I never got from him was his name. He was like a guardian angel that I couldn't stop thinking about no matter how much he shoved his opinion at me.

I put on a sleeveless light green shirt with a flower on the shoulder. It was rather pretty as I sparkled in the moonlight. I changed into black yoga pants and put on some black flats.

I looked over at the clock, 5:34. School doesn't start for another hour and thirty minutes.  I skipped downstairs, a wide smile on my face.

I took out a pan and three eggs.  I put some olive oil into the pan and turned on the stove. In a seperate plate, I cracked the eggs and placed salt and pepper inside. Stirring it then making scrambled eggs.

I took out three plates and places a bit on each plate.

I made some toast and smeared cream chease on top.

I smiled at my creation as I placed it on the table. The eggs maybe too salty,  and the toast might be burnt, but it's the thought that counts.

I sat on our new living room couch and started watching SpongeBob.

No matter how old I get, I will always love these shows.

"Maria?" Dad asked, rubbing his eyes as he stepped downstairs.

"Morning dad!" I grinned widely as mom followed.

"Polly? Why are you up so early?" Mom asked, running her fingers through her mess of hair.