Chapter 10: Florida Zoos

"We should do something today." Christian said, stepping out of the bathroom, nothing but a towel wrapped low on his hips.

I couldn't help but stare at him, his body was so perfectly toned it hurt to look at him.

His hair was soaked and water kept dripping off and landing on the carpet.

"Like what you see?" He smirked, staring me right in my red face.

"What? I wasn't. . . no, it's." I stuttered over my words before quietly saying, "Yes." He laughed a sexy laugh that could make any girls heart melt. He stepped up to me and stood in front of my view of Disney Channel as he grabbed a towel from the cabinet beside the tv and started drying his hair.

"Move Christian! Your blocking the view." I said, moving my head to look at the screen.

"I am the view." He smirked once again, moving to block my view on purpose. "How about we go to the zoo today?"

"The zoo?" I contemplated over the words again, I've never been to the zoo.

"Yeah, you know, the place where there are animals." He chuckled, walking back into the bathroom and stepping out in boxers. He sat next to me on the couch.

"I know what a zoo is." I slightly pushed his arm.

"Just making sure." He grinned.

"Put a shirt on." I rolled my eyes, laughing, hoping he doesn't actually put on a shirt.

♡♡♡

"This is a Lion. Don't get too close or it will hurt you." He pointed at the lion, speaking slowly as though I were a toddler.

"This is Chris, don't get too close or his face will rub off on you."

"I happen to have a pretty hot face, don't you think?" He grinned.

"Your face." I replied. Great comeback. I mentally rolled my eyes at myself.

He grabbed my hand and dragged me to the pond. "Ducks. I hate ducks." He stated.

"Who could hate ducks?" I tried teasing him.

"Me, with their nasty bills and flapping feathers. Ah, gross." He shivered.

"Ok, well we're going to get you over your fear of ducks." I stated, climbing up the fence and into the other side, tourists gave me strange looks but I didn't care.

"I don't have a fear of ducks." He stated, fear written all over his eyes, "Climb back over or we're going to get kicked out."

"Come on, are you. . .chicken?" I gave him a wide smile, I was enjoying his discomfort. "Bak.. ba..ba..bak!" I impersonated a chicken, putting my hand under my armpits and making chicken sounds.

"We could be kicked out of here forever."

"I'll take my chances." I smirked.

"You're insane." He laughed, climbing over the fence in one swift movement. His laugh is so cute.

"Ok, let's go to the ducks!" I grinned. Fear flashed in and out of his eyes as he followed me toward the pond. There were a lot of ducks, maybe over 50. I didn't notice how bumpy the path around the pond was until I tripped and fell into the disgusting pond.

I am way too clumsy. I was soaked in gross pond water that smelled like bird poop.

"Pure!" Christian shouted as he grabbed my hand. "Why are you always wet around me?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Shut up sicko." I laughed.

"Hey, You two!!" Security yelled, "Get out of there now and we won't file any charges!" I was scared, my stomache fell as I ran to the fence and jumped over, Christian was already on the other side.

Security grabbed our arms and dragged us outside. "You're banned from the zoo, We will have signs to warn oher security. You could have been seriously injured." A security guard said, pushing us out of the exit. They were ducks, how could ducks seriously injure us?

"Don't say it." I muttered, a smug grin on Christian's face.

"I told you so."

I stuck my tongue out at him.

♡♡♡

We stood in the hotel elevator, smiles on both our faces. This has been one of the greatest days ever.

We walked into the hotel room joking around about Christian's 'suckish' basketball skills.

He took a seat on the bed and lay down, "So you ready for school tomorrow?" He asked.

"Not really." I stated, an unsure look on my face and a lot of fear of Eleanor in my eyes.

"It'll be great, I'm just not sure you should go back to your parents yet." He rubbed his neck again. I noticed he usually does that when he's unsure of something.

I sat in the bed beside him, handing him the remote. He placed an arm around me, pulling me closer.

"What's the deal with them anyway?" He asked.

"Nothing." I stated, "they're good parents."

"Like hell," he mummbled to himself, probably not intending for me to hear him.

"What about your dad? You don't talk about him."

"My dad is my dad." He shrugged.

"Christian?" I asked, his eyes darkened.

"Look, Pure, I don't even know the guy, ok. He just pays the bills and gives me whatever shit I want. I don't have a mom or a dad, all I have is myself and school." He stated.

"I'm sorry." I said, concern filling my eyes.

"No, I didn't mean to snap at you." He looked at me, intensity live in his eyes. He didn't snap at me, if that's what he thinks is snapping, then snapping is such a kind act. "What about you?"

"My parents love me." I lied, "They got me a home by the beach, filled my room with new furniture, and they love me." I smiled at him. He had a strange look on his face, one that I couldn't decipher, but he let it go.

I looked out the window as the darkness took over. The stars could be seen from where we were and the light of the night shined inside.

Tomorrow would be Monday, and I'm pretty sure Eleanor's last threat, wasn't just some empty threat.

And my parents probably were enjoying me being gone. They didn't need the mistake around.