Chapter 31: The Nurse

"What, what happened?" I opened my eyes, my brain aching, pounding against my skull.

The room was dark, was I at home? I titled my head forward, a red  light kept annoyingly beeping.

Was I under some sort of drug?

"Ah, Miss Bliss, you're awake." A strange man's voice said in a high chirp, I opened my eyes wider as I realized he was wearing a white coat, this man easy a doctor.

"Yeah, what happened?" I said, barely above a whisper, my dry mouth struggling to open.

"You got hit pretty hard young lady, I suggest you don't work those abdomen muscles for a couple days." A kind smile was on his face as he approached my hospital bed.

"What happened." I stated, trying to sit up.

"You're vitals are all in check, you should be able to leave by tomorow afternoon." He said, ignoring my question, his voice as cool as a breeze.

"What happened?" I demanded again, raising my voice, feeling a sharp pain in my gut as I tried to sit up.

"You mustn't do that Miss Bliss." He said calmly as he wrote something down on a clipboard, which I hadn't noticed, and walked out of the room.

I sat silently in the dark wondering what had happened, why the hell was I in a hospital?

"Hi," a blonde girl dressed in blue scrubs walked in and put some gloves on, "Sorry about Doctor Barnacle, he's very busy, I'm Eleanor, I'll help you."

My eyes widened as I recognized the same girl who was destroying my life put of pure jealously.  Patricia had said Eleanor was nice but I hadn't realized she helped out at the hospital. The same girl that tortured and fought me was now smiling at me as she placed some gloves on.

"Eleanor?" I asked in shock as she finally made eye contact with me.

"Pure? Pure Bliss? What're you doing here?" She asked, a sort of change in her rude attitude made her seem like she actually cared.

"I don't know, can you tell me?" I whispered, my voice hoarse and scratchy.

"Of course, here let me get you some water first, I'm so sorry that happened to you and I'm so sorry I was so mean to you. Christian is such an asshole." She said, walking around the dark room and turning on a faucet.

She came back moments later with a cup of water in her hand.

"What?" I asked curiously.

The memory hit me, as hard as it was painful,  I wish I could forget.  The stinging pain of his fist on me, the blood streaming out of my nose, Noah's green eyes stating at me as he told me I'd be ok.

"Pure, don't worry about anything right now, just wait till you heal." She smiled at me, "Is there anything I can get you?"

"Why are you being so nice to me?" I voiced my thoughts.

She merely just laughed a kind laugh and and said she'd get me a meal.

She came back seconds later with a hamburger and fries. She sat beside me and set the tray on the bed.

"I didn't think you'd like the hospital food so I went down and bought you a hamburger." She grinned widely,  "You better share," She laughed. I eyed my food wisely, maybe she'd poisoned it and any second now I'd be dead and she could just blame the hospital. It was mischievous how she was being so nice.

"Thank you." I coarsely said, taking a small bite out of the hamburger as a huge headache hammered in my skull.

"Well lucky for you that blond guy brought you here, he was pretty cute, what was his name?" Eleanor's eyes sparkled as I gave a smile and rested back on the pillow, " I'll leave now, get your rest, I believe they're going to release you tomorrow since the anesthetics are causing headaches for you. Get well soon, and I think that your stomache will be fine." She finished getting up to leave.

"Wait, what happened to my stomache?" I pondered and tilted my head to look at her.

"I'll tell you another time, as to allow you to sleep." She gave me a soft smile and picked up the good tray.

"Eleanor, please tell me." I explained weakly, hoping and awaiting for a response.

"Uh, the. . ." She paused for a second, an unsure look crossed her eyes then she looked back at me, " How much do you remember?"

"Enough." I muttered, I was being difficult, that much was understandable.

"Apparently, from what I heard online lately was that some guy named Noah was at your house and he was leaving in the morning when Christian was about to knock on your door and he got way jealous, dude your so lucky, I wish guys would fight over me like that," She inserted thay last sentence, a sad smile on her face, "Well apparently, Christian saw you holding hands with the Noah guy and he started a fight with him and you tried to stop it but ended up getting punched in the gut by the asshole. When the blonde guy dropped you off you had blood running down your nose and ears, I guess he must've hit you pretty hard to affect your facial nerves that much, " She said.

A look of disbelief filled my expression and then a huge ache in my stomache told me that I have a new bruise there.

"Well the hospital doesn't know that story, the blond guy told them you bumped into the doorknob while sliding around the house in your socks, it's kind of concievable, but also pretty dumb.

Anyway, dumb ass Christian isn't going to jail for assulting you. He's such a jerk, I don't know why I didn't see it before. We could've been friends a long time ago. Anyway, I have to get to other patients, get well soon!" Eleanor gave me a warm smile and stepped out of the room, "If you need anything, press that gray button beside your food tray, I'll come!" She grinned and stepped out.

What just happened? Was Eleanor actually being nice to me?

Patricia was right,  all Eleanor's done has been a ruse, she's not the bad guy, Christian is.

And I'm going to get payback.