Chapter 35: The Ride Home

"Hey." Noah's intense green gaze made my heart skip a beat as he walked back to my table with icecream in hand. My breath hitched slightly as moments of our almost kiss played in my head. We needed to finish our project, it due in only a few days.

"Hi. " I grinned widely, happy to see him.

"So you ready to go?" He asked as he placed the icecream in front of me and handed me a spoon. He pulled one out for himself. I smiled at him, he was so darn cute. He looked like he could be on the cover of any magazine if he wanted. He had a jawline that looked like it could slice anything. His blond hair had the same messy cute gleam as usual. He didn't even have to try and he was just down right beautiful.

"Uh yeah," I smiled, how the thoughtful that he gives me icecream when it's so cold outside and in here already. "Thank you." I grinned, staring at his gorgeous pink lips tilt into a smile, focusing on the little details that I had never seemed to look at before. I wanted to kiss him. I pushed the thought to the back of my mind. What a crazy thought. We ate in silence for a while until the icecream dissapeared.

"Penny for your thoughts?" His silky smooth voice said as I looked up to be met with an intense green gaze. My heart stopped and my breathing rose. I couldn't understand these effects on me. I'd never felt like this with a mere silly look by Christian.

His name brought anger to my eyes.

"Well, it's a long story." I said, I was thinking of kissing you. I wanted to say but ushered away the thought, "so I was at church this morning with Brad and he and I needed to. . ." I began but he cut me off.

"Are you and Brad a thing?" He asked, a tint of anger in his voice. Why would he be angry?

"No of course not. We're just friends." I said taken back by his question. Why does he care.

"Anyway," I continued," he needed to go see someone in the hospital, I think it was his girlfriend, and he was my ride and so when I went there was this old man that was there a few days ago and I found out he was Christian's dad. "

"But didn't his parents. . ." His voice got lower, "pass away?" He asked.

"I thought so too but I didn't believe it until I saw it. His dad's name was Richard Anderson and so when I left, I don't know if you heard about prom or anything,"

"I heard," he said, listening intently, his concentrated green gaze making me unable to look at him. He is impossible not to be flustered around.

"Yeah. . .so I went to ask him why he lied,"

"At his house? Wow, you guys must've gotten into some real. . .business." He winked.

"Gross, Noah!" I squelch whining, a smile on my face as he smiled victoriously.

"I live next door, anyway he seemed really clue less and then he was driving to the hospital and I said some things and then I ended up here." I bit my lip, it wasn't even that bad, but that stupid, stupid look he'd given me made me feel like I was on fire, and not in the good way eithor.

"Well, I'm glad you came here." He stood up and held his arm out for me to place my own on top, "Shall we?" He asked as we walked out of Denny's and into his car.

I smiled, my hero. I thought. He always comes to my rescue as I stared at his car. Why do all guys have black cars?

His phone buzzed as he took a seat in the drivers seat.

I forgot to buy onions earlier, be a sweetheart and get some on your way home. It was a message from his mom, I hadn't intended on reading his screen, that is until he called her.