Chapter 16: Friendly Matters

Dedicated to @AzzieLazuli Thanks so much for your support!

"It's ok Annie. He'll come back, they always do." My mom said, hugging me as we sat on the couch downstairs.

I weeped silently in my mother's arms.

"I told you the boy was no good." My dad said, taking out a cigar and lighting it.

"Shut up Jacob. The girl is crying, the least you could do is be kind to her."

"Look, Velma, The boy was no good scum. He left, let her cry." My dad said, I've never noticed that he uses hand signals before.

"She's our daughter."

"She was by accident! Do you think I wouldn't go back and undo that awful day?"

"It was our wedding night." Mom started tearing up.

"Look, baby, stop crying, you know I hate it when you cry."

Ding. Dong.

The doorbell rang, snapping me back into reality.

The Party, Eleanor's party,  she expects Christian to be there. I wiped my tears and walked to the door.

"Hey," Eleanor said, a wide smile on her face as she stepped inside.

"Hi, sorry I never agreed to a party and today's not really a great day to have one." I said, slightly pushing her out.

I need to take control of my life.

"Hey Pure, did you know Poop and Uranus make Pure? And that's what you are." I recalled someone from my old school saying, I believe it was Amy Barns.

I was sitting in European History class sophomore more. She had been assigned to be my partner for the class project and we were both dreading it.

"Look, Amy I'm sorry if you don't want to work with me but we're stuck together so we have to do this." I tried to say to her as she began chatting with a bunch of other people.

"Look Amy." She mocked. "Listen here Pure, You're going to do the work, and I'm going to take credit for it Ka-Pish?"

"Ka-Pish." I replied quietly, taking out the European History book and staring at the words.

The rest of class she spent talking while I spend working.

That night, as soon as I got home to my house in California, my mom surprised me with a laptop.

It was a kind gesture, mom said she wanted to give me a birthday present and she'd been saving money all year for the laptop.

The first thing I stupidly did on that laptop was send Mr. Varna a message telling him that Amy is making me do all the work. It was dumb of me to snitch. I know that now,  I should have just left things the way they were.

I sat down in class the next day with fear filling every inch of me.

Amy Barns is satan in a costume.

She walked into class, a wide smile on her features as she sat beside me.

"Hi Pure!" She smiled, her voice bright and excited.

"Hi? Amy." I replied, smiling back.

"So, let me get this straight." Her voice shifted into anger, "You emailed my DAD to tell him that you think I'm not doing any work?"

"W. . .What?" I asked, my heart in my throat.

"Yeah,  Mr. Varna is my stepdad. Now, just who do you think you are?" She said sharply.

"I didn't know, I'm sorry."

"You're going to be." She hissed, "You snitching little bitch."

♡♡♡

It's been a week since I've spoken to Christian, Eleanor, even my parents.

I went to school all week and he would just look at me with his sad brown eyes and look away.

It hurt my heart.

"Hey Pure, This weekend a couple of us are going to my parents beach house, do you want to join us?" Ashley asked as we sat down for lunch.

I nodded, not feeling words in my mouth.

Christian was nowhere in sight.

I glared at the banana on my plate. What else could go wrong?

And then it did.

Eleanor waltsed into the lunch room with Amy Barns and Mike Tyler. The two people I'd known at my old school and I sure as heck knew they hated me.

"You feeling ok?" Ashley asked as Drew and a bunch of other people came and sat.

"Yeah, I just, I have to go." I cringed, walking into the bathroom as naturally as I could.

"PURE BLISS." Someone's voice beamed across the cafeteria.

I knew who it was. I wasn't about to turn around. I could feel everyone staring at me.

My back was still to them as I made my choice, I walked into the bathroom.