Chapter 33: Bad Blood

*Flashback*

I glared at the people around me. They all had perfect hair. Perfect teeth. Perfect Friends. Everyone seemed to have a perfect life.

Everyone but me.

I trodded through the doors of Leo Middle school, in constant fear of how today would go. My parents had sex again this morning so as disgusted as I was, I hopped onto the bus and sat quietly in the back.

"Hey new girl!" A tall blonde boy said as he said beside me. Seventh grade seems like such a scary year so far.

What to say? What to do?

"Hi." I mumbled, shielding my face from his view.

"You look kind of upset, do you want to talk about it?" He smiled slyly and say beside me.

"No." I said, turning my body toward the window.

"Ok, but if you want someone to talk to, I'll be here." His green eyes danced as I finally got a good look at him. He was rather cute. "What's your name by the way?" He asked, just as he was about to get up.

"I'm Pure." I said, a small smile played on my lips.

"Your name is very. . .unique." He paused, smiling at last, "I'm Josh, and if anyone bothers you, you can come to me." He smiled widely as he began walking to a group of guys that went ballistic.

I smiled at the odd boy and looked back at the window.

The bus stopped in front of a tall building with a giant red sign saying LEO MIDDLE SCHOOL, I will never forget the day I walked through those doors. The friendly smiles, the kind faces.

I grinned at everyone who was looking at me until I saw a group of girls snickering as they kept looking at me.

They're rude. I remember thinking as I kept walking down the never-ending hallway.

The bell rang and I rushed to my class. Mrs. Green was my teacher and from what I've heard, she's not the nicest.

"Good morning. I'm mrs. Green." She grinned widely.

"Hi. I'm Pure." I smiled at the young teacher wearing a pretty blue dress.

"Oh well Pure, I remeber looking at your name on my role sheet, it's a very pretty name, but I suggest you get that jacket your wearing off because it looks like someone drew on it." She smiled kindly as she showed me to the bathroom.

I glared at the image of the small blue eyed girl on the mirror. The picture of something very nasty drawn on her jacket. And all I could think about was one thing. Josh.

I never let myself trust anyone that easily again.

♡♡♡

"Pure, come on please, just let me explain." Christian said as he approached me. I began walking away slowly.

Where on earth was Brad?

"I don't want your explanation. What's done is done, ok Christian, I've already forgiven you and I just want you to leave me alone. Please, this isn't the first time something like this has happened." I said, recalling my many other trust issues.

"Pure, come on, just let me ask you one thing." He suddenly got serious his begging and whining completely stopped. I feared what he was going to say next so I kept my mouth shut and waited for a question. "What was Noah doing at your house?"

Seriously?!? I wanted to shout, of all the questions he could have asked, he chose this.

"I don't know what you mean." I stated vaguely, backing up another step, where the hell is Brad? Why is Christian even at church?