Chapter 29: Board Games and Vows

NoahWilliamson

I stared at the green eyes in front of me, feeling a sting in my eyes, hoping to get lost and drown in his pupils.

The air hitting them, my eyes were dry, dry causing me to flinch when a pesky rain drop flew in through the window and landing on my nose.

"I win!" Noah declared.

"No fair, I flinched." I glared at him, feeling comfort in being allowed to blink again.

We sat on my bedroom floor, wind flowing through the curtains of my window. His perfectly tousled golden blond hair slightly moving along with the wind.

"We should probably get started." He tilted his head, a slight smile on his beautiful pink lips.

"Yeah, we should." I smiled, realizing we've gotten nothing done.

As soon as he came to my house, my mom was all over him.

"He's way hotter than that boy next door." She winked at him placing her hands on his chest as she moved closer.

"Who's lives next door." He asked me later, following me to the kitchen.

"Nobody important." I replied, feeling a sting of pain as I said those words.

"Do you kids want some snacks?" Mom asked, loosening the straps of her tanktop as she brought us some strawberries.

"Thanks Mrs. Bliss. Strawberries are my favorite." He smiled at my mom, pressing his lips on the strawberry, causing a strange tingle in my stomache.

"Oh what I would do to those lips." Mom mummbled, staring at Noah.

"MOM!" I shouted, feeling as though the roof wants to fall on my head.

"What?" She rolled her eyes, a smile on her lips. I looked over at Noah, a grin was on his face as he stared at the bowl of strawberries.

"Mom, we're going to go work on our project." I said, hiding my face as I began walking downstairs.

"Go ahead Melissa, the hunk can stay here with me."

What about dad? I wanted to say but couldn't bring myself to do it.

"I'll be there in a second Pure, damn these are some good strawberries." I smiled to myself as I stepped onto the carpeted staircase, wondering what Noah and I will work on.

I plugged in my laptop and turned it on. A bright screen popped up with white letters arranging themselves to say HP.

HP laptops are the best.

Moments later, I went on powerpoint and set up the first slide.

Noah and Pure's Project, I titled it, staring at the blank screen for a bit, then tilting my head to my open window. Gray clouds began forming sending a gush of wind into my room. A sign of rain about to approach yet didn't want to come because it felt lazy.

I want you. Christian's voice played in my mind, reminding me of the times we'd had. The hotel room, saving me from my dad, our kisses, his hands on me, his brown eyes, the funeral. Tears stung the edges of my eyes, trying to pour out. But I wouldn't let them.

If only prom never happened.

"It's supposed to rain today." Noah's voice threw out my train of thought as he walking through my open door.

"Yeah." I mummbled, thoughts of Christian lingering in my mind and refusing to leave.

"So. . .What do you want to do for out project" He began, yesterday's argument with him played in my mind. A small smile mazed it's way to my lips.