Chapter 7: Rainy Day

I stepped out of the shower feeling refreshed. A week had gone by. I guess Eleanor's bark was definately worse than her bite.

Today is Saturday. My parents are busy doing god knows what.

I lay on my bed for a couple minutes, staring at the ceiling. It was raining outside, the water dripping on my window made the ocean look as though it were a painting made by van gogh.

Standing up, I realized I hadn't even gotten to explore around town in this beautiful state of Florida.

The sounds coming from the bedroom next door made me want to regret ever being born.

I turned the blow dryer on just so it would block off the sounds.

Ding Dong.

Someone rang the doorbell. Maybe if I ignore it, the person will go away. A couple minutes layer, I was sure the person was gone.

Ding Dong.

The doorbell rang again. My parents obviously weren't going to get it so I got out of bed and walked downstairs. The sounds from my parents bedroom could be heard from downstairs.

"Jacob!" My mother yelled. Oh god, I flinched, this is so yucky, don't they get sick of this?

I unlocked the door to find an illusion of beauty in front of me.

"Christian, What're you doing here?" I asked, only my face was visible from what he could see.

"Can I come in?" He asked, a serious look on his face.

"No," I said, a little too quickly, " I mean, I'll come outside."

I stepped outside and stood beside him.

"So, do you want to walk with me right now?" I thought about my parents, do I really want to stay in there? It was pouring, and he was already soaked.

"Uh, I'm kind of busy." I said, turning around, about to grab the door knob. Halfway there, he put his arms on both sides of me, placing his hands on the door. I was trapped between his arms, his warmth filled me as the rain poured down.

"Have you been avoiding me?" He asked, a look of hurt present in his perfect light brown eyes.

"What? No, no way, why would I do that? Look Christian I really have to go right now." This close proximity to him scared me, these feelings I'm having for him shouldn't even be here, especially because I don't know who could be watching and then telling Eleanor and then she'd make my life worse than it is.

I reached for the door knob from behind me and unlocked it. I hadn't realized that he was actually leaning on the door until I opened it and he fell on top of me. My breath hitched, my cheeks became a shade of red that I'd only imagined, and my heart rate was quickly rising.

"Christian." I gasped as his arms still had me in between.

"I'm so, sorry Pure. I. . ." He began, still laying on top of me.

The mood between us shifted, I could feel the tension in the air as the rain flew right through the door and onto us.

He leaned closer, his lips parting. My eyes were staring into his as his were going back and forth from my eyes to my lips. It was as though he was asking permission.

He shut his eyes and I shut mine, awaiting for the moment our lips would touch.

"Step away from my daughter!" My dad yelled from the top of the stairs.

I opened my eyes in a split second, we were so close. Christian stood up immediately and helped me up.

My dad was charging full speed at him, looking at though he was about to punch him.

"Dad, stop, I invited him here." I stated.

"Then what the hell was he doing on top of you? In the doorway?" He yelled, his nostrils flaring.

"Nothing, we fell." I stated.

"Of course you did Claire. Get out of here!" He glared at Christian before looking back at me.

"I'm sorry sir." Christian composed his posture, "Bye Pure." He gave me a kind smile as he stepped outside.

"I'm sorry." I mouthed as he gave me a look that meant it was ok.

As soon as the door shut, a hand came across my cheek. I fell to the ground.

"How dare you? You stupid slut!" He kicked me in the stomache and spit in my face. " I give you a fucking inch, and you take a mile!" He yelled.

All of the sudden, my house door opened and in an instant, my father was on the ground.

"That's not how you treat a lady!" Christian yelled, lying on top of dad and throwing punches at him.

"Christian stop!" I yelled, he immediately turned towards me as dad stood up and lunged at him.

Oh no. No. No. This can not be happening.

"Stop!! Stop it!" I screamed, crying. But my dad didn't stop. He kept trying to hit Christian and kept missing. Christian jumped away from him and grabbed my hand.

"Come on Pure, please." He said eagerly as dad began running after us in the pouring rain.

I ran out the door with Christian as he told me to go to his car.

My dad followed us outside, he grabbed Christian's arm and took a swing at him. Thankfully he missed. Christian knocked him straight in the face, hopefully knocking him out. He quickly ran into his car, which I didn't know he had, and unlocked the passenger door for me. I hopped in just as the car started. He backed out of the driveway and drove into the street.

We drove in silence and in fear for a few minutes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He broke the silence, his hands tightening on the steering wheel. His knuckles turning white.

"Look, Christian, I barely met you last week, I don't know who to trust. This is the first time my life seemed to be getting better, why did you have to go and beat up my dad?" I said, my lips in a tight line.

"Pure. He fucking slapped you, he kicked you and he was about to grab the vase next to the door. What was I supposed to do?" His voice seemed strained, like he was trying to control his anger.

"I'm fine." I whispered, "Why do you even care? Why did you have to get involved?"

"Because, it's inhuman. Because, " His voice softened, "I care about you."

I looked at him, he was so concentrated on the road ahead. I just wished he'd turn toward me and just let me stare at him.

My heart was racing as he parked in front of a hotel.

"It's ok with you if we stay here for the weekend right? My dad's away for the rest of the month and I don't think you'd want to go home right now." He said, turning the ignition off.

"I don't know." I said, turning my head to look at him. His eyes were glued to my face, he was staring right at me, my heart was beating twice as fast when I saw the intensity in his eyes.

"We could go anywhere you want. don't worry about the money, my dad is the CEO of a bunch of cruise lines so money's not an issue." He said.

"I want to go home."

"Are you sure?" He looked at me in disbelief.

"No. I just, I don't know. Why are you doing this. Nobody would do this out of the kindness of their heart."

"Then I guess I'm somebody." He grinned, as I giggled. "Come on, it'll be fun. Just me and you for two days." My heart contracted on itself, beating in my ears, telling me to..

(Missing Blurb, purchase the book on amazon "The Girl that Didn't Explode")