Chapter 25: To Mars and Back

A ring of my doorbell startled me out of bed.

I jogged down the stairs and unlocked the door.

"Pure, I'm so so so sorry, you have no idea how sorry I am." Christian stood before me, his emotions transparent.

I was so confused right now, why would he do that? Why would he chest on me with Jennifer?  How do they even know each other?

And then the fact that Amy and Eleanor planned out the entire humiliation act for me confused everything out of me? Why is Eleanor mean to me, she barely knows me, and why is Amy even in Florida?

"Please, go away, and please don't come back." I said, shutting the door in his face.

He knocked again, I stood my ground and walked back to my room. It was on my 6:24 and I wasn't going to school today eithor.

I knew he would be back, he doesn't give up.

He believes that he chases the girl, gets what he wants, and then throws her away, and that's not a type of guy I'd want to associate myself with, even if he is President of Senior class or on the basketball team, or even very popular.

I shrugged off every feeling and decided to take a walk around town.

I walked outside the balcony and began walking toward the beach.

I found myself heading toward the puer, she sweet smell of water drawing me in.

I sat with my legs dangling over the water. It was so peaceful making small splashes every so often.

I need to clear my head.

"Hey, Pure?" Brad's voice came up behind me as his footsteps shook the pier.

"Yeah, hey Brad." I turned around and smiled at him.

"Where've you been? You missed school yesterday." He said, sitting beside me as dark clouds began forming above us. The waves of the water hitting the leg of the pier harder each time.

"I've been busy, I'll be at school next week maybe." I smiled at him.

It's hard to not show emotions when all you want to do is go hide underground.

"Well, why don't you come today? C'mon we're seniors, we have maybe a month left, enjoy it." He encouraged.
"You live here?" I asked, completely changing the subject.

"Yeah, I live in that house over there," he pointed at a giant mansion at the corner of the street. I always stare at that beautiful place everytime I drive to and from school. "I was going for a jog, then I saw you so I thought I should say hi." He grinned cheekily.

"That's great." I smiled as the clouds opened up and the world began drizzling.

"Oh shi. . ." He paused before cursing, "I mean, oh darn, it's raining, come on!" He smirked getting up.

"No, I want to stay." I smiled.

"You'll catch a cold."

"With what?" I grinned, trying to joke around with him.

"A glove, now come on Pure, I'll walk you home." He grinned, expecting me to agree.

"Brad I want to catch a cold, then I'd have an excuse not to show up."

"Tsk, tsk." He tsked, "How about I take you to my house?" As tempting as that was, I've always wanted to see inside that house, I just wanted to sit in the rain, maybe make some wet sand angels.

"Fine." I said as he mentally high-fived himself.

♡♡♡

"Hey Mom!" Brad said as we walked in.