Chapter 19: Amy Barns

I sat on the beach, crying my eyes out. The funeral was so sad. I looked up at the sky, the puffy clouds looked so happy.

There was a pier nearby where the rich people stored their boats and went fishing.

I would check that out sometime but now was not that time.

I need to be alone. The very thought of Christians face when his parents went into their graves was devastating. It tore my heart out and ripped it into hundreds of hideous pieces.

I picked myself up, I never knew the people but their kindness showed through what people said about them.

I took short steps as I began to walk home.

When I walked into my room, the cat was lying on the bed, purring as my mon pet it.

"Hi mom."

"Sweetheart, were you crying?" My mom walked up to me.

"No mom, I'm fine." I smiled at her.

"Ok good Laura because you better train your cat not to pee all over the furniture or we're putting her in the shelter."

"IT'S NOT MY CAT!" I exploded, my feeling bursting and boiling.

"Selena, if you dare use that tone of voice with me then I will kick you out of the house!" She yelled back.

"Mom! You don't even know my name! I've lived with you for 17 years and you don't even know my name." I said, my voice getting quieter as I tried to hold in my tears of frustration.

"What is your name?" She asked sassily, rolling her eyes.

"Pure!" I spat the word out like it was a disease.

"Who the hell would name a kid that?" She raised an eyebrow and put her arms on her hips.

"YOU!" I yelled frustrated, "You named me that!"

"No Polly, I didn't,  now go take Mia outside, she's not allowed in the house anymore." She rolled her eyes and walked out the door.

"You remember a cat's name and not your own daughter?!" I screamed.

"Get out." She yelled, "Get out of my house and don't come back until you learn how to speak to tour own mother!" She yelled, clenching her fists.

"Fine!" I yelled back, stomping my feet down the stairs.

"Quit stomping!" Mom yelled.

"You know what?!" I exploded, "I've given you everything you could want in a child for the past 17 years, I've been obedient,  I've been kind, I've done everything you ask me to do and just because of one slip up, you decide you want to kick me out of the house?'"

"Look kid! I didn't even want you in the first place. You are a mistake! Accept it. And quit complaing." She hissed.

I opened the front door as I began to leave. I froze in place.

Mia was standing in front of the doorway.

"Get out of here you dumb cat." I snarled, anger overcoming me.

I walked out of the house and took a seat under the tree in the front yard.

I am hated and nobody wants me around.

I shut my eyes, trying to figure out why my life sucks so much. Maybe it was the bullying at school, maybe it was the bullying at home, or maybe it was the fact that I upset the only person I've actually had feelings for.

I looked at Christian's house. He had a giant two story house. I've never been in there.

He was sitting beside his window, I'd noticed the brown hair anywhere. Blonde hair flipped into view as he covered it.

He turned his face to the side and the blonde girl pressed her lips back onto his.

My heart broke as I realized who she was.

Amy Barns.