Chapter 21: The New Girl

I sat in Mr. Hartford's math class, watching the screen.

I had my pencil between my fingers, uninterested in whatever was being taught.

My thoughts all revolved around Christian, and whoever Jennifer was. Why did she call him an asshole?

We walked to school this morning holding hands, as soon as we walked into the school all eyes were on us. I thought I heard a few people gasp.

He walked in like he owned the school while I followed behind in fear, I've never had so many people actually looking at me.

"Oh my goosssshhh!!" Ashley ran up to hug me,  knocking the breath out of me. "It finally happened!" She squealed in an excited tone.

"What did?"

"You and Chris!! I so knew you two would end up together!  Do you guys like kiss and stuff already?!" She shouted, extactic, not even trying to hide her excitement.

"Hey," Drew walked up beside Ashley, putting his arm over her shoulder.

"Hey Drewfus." I smiled.

These people were in a pretty tight little group. Brad walked up beside us with a crew of guys behind him, he had a basketball in his hand.

"Yo Drewfus!" Brad smirked, " I demand a rematch, me and you afterschool."

"Aye Brad." Drew smirked back, "You're on."

It was like a scene from a movie, these 2 perfect guys challenging each other.

I kept staring at them as a larger group of people are up our smaller one and made itself even bigger, of that makes any sense.

Brad and his gang of basketball guys started walking toward the gym before classes started.

"Hey Pure!" Brad said, ushering his friends to go.

"Hi Brad." I smiled at him, this guy had such a kind heart and always seemed to brighten my mood, actaully he made everyone smile.

"How're things at home?" He asked as we began walking through the halls aimlessly.

"Pretty good, thanks for asking."

"Yeah, I know I'm a pretty nice guy, more pretty though." He grinned widely, making me crack a smile. "There's that smile, so you're going to Ashley's lake house thing right?"

"Yeah."

"Ok just making sure, I know now that I'm not going. " He put a hand on my shoulder,  grinning widely.

"That's mean Brad, you're not going because I'm not going? " I couldn't contain my smile as I tried to role my eyes.

"No I'm not going because my sister is in a coma at the hospital." He smirked.

"How is that funny?" My face fell.

" Cause I don't have a sister." He laughed, "So see you Saturday." He smiled walking away. Brad's so confusing.

I stood in front on my English class room as the bell rang, I had to get to Mr. Hartford's class and that was at the opposite end of the school. I only had 4 minutes, so I began speedwalking.

"Hey Pure." A bunch of strangers said. Dating Christian really had some benefits, of course I hated attention so to me, this was awkward.

I ran into the classroom mere seconds before the bell rang.

I took a seat, which brings me to the boredom I'm in sitting in this classroom right now.

"And when X is multiplied to Y, you will end up with XY to the. . ." Mr. Hartford stopped talking as the door opened.

Blonde locks made their ways through the door as tanned legs joined them.

"Who might you be?" Mr. Hartford stood up as though she were a goddess.

"Hi, I'm Jennifer, I'm new." She grinned at everyone.

Jennifer. This is the girl Christian was talking about.

"Ok, ms. . ."

"Glass." She gave a wide smile, showing her sparking teeth.

"Okay, Ms. Glass, please have a seat over here." Mr. Hartford pointed to the seat beside me.

Oh great.