CHAPTER - 38

Gus was surprised to hear Wan laugh.

-Why are you laughing? Gus asked curiously.

-I won't say... Hmm... Shall I take you to school tomorrow? Wan asked. Gus nodded. In his heart he wondered why Wan was laughing.

- Then, I'll tell you tomorrow... Do you sleep here? I'm coming to pick you up in the morning to take you to the university. I'll tell you right then, Wan said with a smile.

Gus hesitated a bit because he had promised Four that they wouldn't go anywhere alone, but his curiosity is greater.

-Okay, if P'Wan comes tomorrow, you can call me, I'll go to the parking lot, Gus said.

-Yes sir, Wan replied, before a loud noise was heard from Four's room.

After a while, the door to Four's recovery room opened as Tree's thin figure stepped out with a sullen expression.

-Ah... P'Wan, how long have you been here? Tree asked her older brother.

-A little while ago. I'm about to come back, but what's wrong with you two? And why is Four making such a fuss? Wan asked his sister.

-Well, he won't let Tree take care of him. I don't know what the hell happened, he just said he didn't want anyone to take care of him, Tree said smiling but hearing her. Gus's face looks worried.

-Okay, then leave him alone and come see him tomorrow. I can come back to you right now, Wan told his younger sister.

-Good. Nong Gus, I'll leave your dog
that fool don't worry he bites he's just been injected with anger, Tree told him reluctantly, to take care of his nervous brother.

-Uh...yeah, Gus answered.

-Nong, I'll go first and call you tomorrow, Wan said to Gus before walking to the elevator with Tree.

Gus hesitated between his brother's room and his boyfriend's room before opening the door to his boyfriend's room to go in and take out some bags after talking to his brother.

The sound of the door swung open causing Four to look up before leaving as he saw his lover walk in with a small bag.

Gus put the bag in the hospital locker that is reserved for the families of the wounded. So he could put things away and turn to look at Four who was watching the TV with a frown.

-Why did you have to bully P'Tree? Gus said softly, standing next to the bed where Four lay.

-Why are you worried? I don't know, Gus said again.

-Why are you coming to take care of me? I can be alone, Four said.

- Well, I want to see my boyfriend, right? Gus asked, the small figure not wanting to argue with Four about things like this.

His brother is already in enough trouble and Gus doesn't want to cause more trouble for him or his boyfriend like another couple is doing.

- Do you want to eat some oranges? I'll peel them for you, Gus asked plaintively, not waiting for an answer.

Gus managed to peel the oranges and shove the pulp into his lover's mouth to feed him, but Four remained silent.

"You say you can be alone," Gus said softly with his eyes always on his lover.

-But, I can't be without you, Gus continues.

This made Four immediately turn to look at Gus. The two looked into each other's eyes. Then Four breathed a sigh of relief.

-Get up, come here, said Four.

Gus immediately came to his lover's bedside. Four hugged Gus lightly, loosely because he was still in pain, before kissing Gus lightly on the lips and walking away.