Chapter 11: way to your heart

Rocky: dear let's go to watch horse racing?? Come I had prepared everything for you..
Reena: what about our children..?!
Rocky: we have met after a long time dear...let's spend some alone time together...

——-///————————-
Shanthi: amma
Reena: yes sweetie
Shanthi: why are you getting dressed up?? Are we going out??yayyyy
Shiva: no Shanthi only amma and appa would go-
Shanthi:why no I want to go too..Amma!!!
Shakthi: oh cmon Shanthi we would go to some place fun...shiva ,me and you...amma is taking appa to some boring bookshop..
Shanthi thinks for a moment and then goes to Shakthi and holds his hand: ok big bro I would go with you guys(Shakthi gives a mischievous smile to his amma while Reena shakes her head and walks outside)
——————————————-

Shanthi thinks for a moment and then goes to Shakthi and holds his hand: ok big bro I would go with you guys(Shakthi gives a mischievous smile to his amma while Reena shakes her head and walks outside)——————————————-

Rocky was waiting for his wife in his red jaguar car...he sees her coming as she comes near his car ,he opens the door for her to sit inside
Rocky: what took you so long dear ...
Reena: Shanthi ..she insisted on coming...but your  sons somehow managed her..
Rocky: our sons have become sensible now..remember when they were small..they always used to come between us and ruin our romantic moments...
Reena(blushes)punches his chest playfully
—————-////————-
At the racecourse

There were Rocky's men in the arena and few other rich businessmen who had came there to bet their money....
Rocky(pointing):see that horse dear...that's "Pawan" he always wins...most of the people who had come here have placed their bet on him...
Reena: and whom you have put your money on??
Rocky(smirks): the winning horse...
Reena looks at him puzzled
Rocky: dear what about you??
Reena: Pawan seems stronger and more healthier than other horses..
Rocky: you have good eyes dear..have you been to races course before??
Reena: my dad used to take me with him on special occasions-(she suddenly becomes silent and Rocky sensed the sadness in her eyes)
Rocky: then you must know a lot about these races dear...and how unpredictable they are...
Reena smiles at him

There were total 2 rounds..out of which Pawan was victorious in 1..before the last round..the horses were brought back to shed for their masters to feed and replenish them with water...
Reena gets down towards the area where horses were kept before the start of the last round
Rocky was busy in discussion with Vijay and some important businessmen just then his eyes fell on Reena who was on ground at the back of the shed where she was patting a small white horse who was feeble compared to others and had stood last in the first round..Rocky smiled seeing her.
Last round has begun ...Pawan had the lead from the start..he was about to win but at the last moment a surprising thing happened ..the feeble white horse that Reena was patting had overtaken Pawan and come out victorious at the last moment much to surprise of the race audience present there.
Reena was so happy..she jumped out of excitement and hugged Rocky and he hugged her back...
Rocky: your magical touch worked dear
Reena smiled gleefully
It was a tie between Pawan and that horse and at the end there was last round between these two contenders..
And it almost seemed like the defeat of last match had gotten into the head of Pawan ..who wasn't so enthusiastic about the last round and was reluctantly pushed by his master to run for the last lap
Rocky: it's like telepathy dear ..the fact that you are supporting the same horse that I bet on..
Reena(looks at him shocked): you were betting on him from start??
Rocky(nods): I heard this horse is a new addition and was brought from far away..since he hadn't much exposure he had little chance of winning...I was supporting him because I know exactly how it feels to be underdog...and what about you dear??
Reena: I don't know ..it's unexplainable..I just felt a connection to him.
Rocky looks at her with new found love
Reena: what?
Rocky: I think I fell in love with you again!!

Rocky looks at her with new found loveReena: what?Rocky: I think I fell in love with you again!!

——————
The horse was an inch closer to win...but just then a gun shot was fired..next moment the horse lied bleeding on the ground and Pawan emerged victorious crossing the final hurdle
Much shock to Reena as she let out a loud scream..she was about to go to the lifeless horse but was held back by Rocky who hugged her in a firm grip ,shielding her away from the gruesome scene.
A woman sitting in distance: I told you Reena I'd snatch all your happiness one by one !!
———————-
Night time
Shakthi: what happened big bro...Amma came back alone..and ever since she locked her inside her room??
Shiva:i tried to knock her door telling her to eat something for dinner but she insisted that she wants to be alone.
Shakthi:appa hadn't returned..let's go and ask him
Shiva: yeah ...is Shanthi asleep??
Shakthi: yeah...I lied to her that amma is not feeling well so I told her bedtime story and she's sleeping now...
Shiva: good
——————-
Vijay: almost everyone present there had gun..so we can't make sure who was it that fired...but we would find out soon-
Rocky punches a wall: how can it happen in my presence!!
Vijay: boss I personally asked everyone present by various torture methods even involving their family members..but it seemed like none of them did it..maybe the person who did it know a escape route and escaped away amidst the chaos...
Rocky: FIND THAT PERSON AT ANY COST
Shakthi: why are you fretting over a small issue so much appa..there were so many people who had bet their money on Pawan so when they noticed that they are about to loss their money they might have hired someone to kill that horse....
Rocky: you don't understand son...winning something at the cost of an innocent life that's unforgivable
Shiva(putting a hand on Shakthi 's shoulder): don't worry appa leave that to us..we would find that infiltrator...you go to amma..she hadn't eaten anything since she had returned and locked herself away..
Rocky nods slightly to his sensible son and goes away.