Chapter 13: hidden side of the monster

Reena went back to her room and lied on her bed.she tried to sleep but her mind wandered to Rocky."has he eaten?" "Never mind his stomach his soul must be satisfied with all the booze and young girls in the bar to distract his mind from his stubborn wife" .she was repeatedly twisting and turning on bed.finally giving up on her stubbornness she went back to check up on Rocky...tip toes she reached the dinner table corridor ,she stopped and hid behind a pillar when she saw Shakthi steadying Rocky by holding his arm around his shoulder and making him sit at the dinner table
Rocky: remember one thing my beloved son-"a real man takes his first love to his grave" ok??
Both Shakthi and Reena were dumbfounded to hear those words..
Shakthi started to feed Rocky and he ate willingly , blabbering some stuffs in between to which his son listened to patiently.Reena had never seen her younger son sitting this patiently before..he was always the one having the hold of the convo..especially with Rocky,he rarely listened to his appa ever since they got separated,he had seen him as some kind of enemy..but it was all kind of different tonight,,Reena could see the adoration in Shakti's eyes for his father.
Rocky: son..go and feed your amma too..she refused me but she would never refuse you..go..tell her that I've eaten...she'd eat
Shakthi looked at him
Rocky got up with more determination this time and refused Shakthis help gesturing him to go to his mother instead and then he walked away...

Few months later

Shanthi: wow amma you look like a queen!!
Reena cuddling her munchkin: and you are my princess !!!
Shanthi: amma I spied in appa's room he looks no less than king himself!!
Reena: really?? Tch you're such dads girl aren't you??! Always taking his side!!!
Shanthi: like big bros take your side..I'm alone only enough for my appa!!
Reena pinches her daughter's nose: your appa has totally spoilt you!!!

I'm alone only enough for my appa!!Reena pinches her daughter's nose: your appa has totally spoilt you!!!

Reena couldn't help but come and check in herself.she peeked inside Rocky's room.
Shakthi spots her but Reena silences him.he then goes to appa
Shakthi: appa you're taking so much time to get ready..your bride ran away from her room!!!
Rocky was startled ,he stood up from his stool: yay what..where did she go?!! Your Amma is such impatient woman..I tell you..she is so arrogant..she must have drove away to the venue without us to throw tantrum..she is so-
Aye why are you guys laughing...
By the time Rocky was ranting, shiva had also spotted Reena but Rocky didn't!!

Reena: I am arrogant" ,impatient and what else did he say Shakthi??
Shakthi: that you throw tantrum and-
Rocky puts his palm over his mouth: shut up Amma's PA...dear I was worried for you..it's just that and nothing else
Reena: nothing else?? U sure??! Others might think that you don't want to exchange the wedding vows with me again...if you don't want to we can stop this.
Rocky: stop what dear..it's our anniversary and we all decided that you and I would be exchanging our vows for the 2nd time...if I could i would exchange those vows for 100th time dear...
Shiva: ahem ahem..sorry to interrupt you guys but we are getting late
Shakthi: why did you stop them big bro..I was getting some tips to impress girls from my father one on one...
Rocky pulled his ears : you..you don't worry about that..I'd give you all that later but for now it's my time ehh??
Shakthi: as you say appa