2

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

"Hey Miss Smith it's good to see you again!"

Dr.Rudi said walking in the room greeting a A'kira sat in a hospital gown.

"Hi Dr.Rudi" Ki mumbled not feeling the best at the moment making the Doctor frown at her lack of energy

"What's wrong sweetheart? We can always schedule your check up."

She's been A'kira's doctor for 6 years now and quite frankly the black woman was the only doctor she trusted to do test on her.

"I okay, I just feel I little sick that's all. We can continue." I question

"Alright! So today we'll be doing your 1 year check up!" She said placing a clean urine cup in A'kira's hand.

"I'm sure you already know the routine but I'll repeat it just in case, yes?"

She nodded

"Okay, I'll have you pee in the cup all the way up the the 3rd line, make. Sure the outside is clean when you leave the restroom. I'll take it to the lab and someone will come in to make sure your ears, mouth, and joint are all okay. They'll ask you to do a quick inhale and exhale to check you lungs and of course your heartbeat."

"Okay."

-

A'kira knocked on the door looking around as the camera light turned red telling her that he was watching her at the moment.

A couple seconds later the door was open and Mir looked a bit confused as he saw her face.

"Is Ri here?" She asked and he shook his head no

He didn't talk much, you'll be luck if you got a sentence or 2 out of him.

"Ok, thanks."

"You'a come in if you wan'." He said stepping aside and holding the door open wider and she walked in the house, following him as he walked to the living room sitting down on his black couch.

"She went to the sto'. She gon be back in a couple minutes...you straight? Need me ta' handle sum?"

She quickly shook her head no getting what he was hinting at.

"Oh." He mumbled sitting down on the couch across from her.

Mir was her sister -Ri's- boyfriend. It was beyond her how she got the man to talk so much when he barely said 4 words to people he's known since he was a child. She didn't believe in the whole opposite energy attracts but she couldn't find another example to explain the 2.

After 5 minutes of sitting in silence Mir heard the garage door open making him stand up.

"Stay hea'." He said and walked away before she responded

Opening the door to the garage he watched as Marianne got out the car.

"Hi Mir!"

"Wassup mama. You got that you needed?" He asked walking towards her and leaning down placing a kiss on her lips.

"Mhmm!" She said and lifted the box of pads that were still in the bag up for him to see

"What's wrong?" She asked seeing his face.

"Ki hea' in the livin' room. She was lookin' fa you. Gon head talk to ha' imma go up in the room to give y'all some privacy."

She nodded at him giving him one more kiss before walking in the house him following behind her with the bag in his hand but instead making his way up the stairs as she walked to the living room

"I'm hereee-" she paused and seeing A'kira sitting there quietly.

"What's wrong?" She said and sat next to her on the chair

Ki put a paper in her hand and she opened it seeing a ultrasound picture's.

"..Oh..." she said looking at what was obviously a baby showing the features of a 2 months old child. The little body was already starting to form and you can very much tell where the head was.

"What you gonna do?" She asked and A'kira shrugged

"What would you do?"

"I would keep the baby, that may be a little biased because I know the feeling of losing a child, you know? You can't go based on what I would do because we're in 2 different situations and we handle emotions 2 different ways" Ri said moving closer to her

"You just have to listen to yourself in situations like this. If you don't think you can handle a baby right now you definitely shouldn't force yourself to. But if you do decide to just know you'll have a lot support around you, especially from me. I'm up for the babysitting anytime!"

A'kira smiled

That didn't last long because tears started building up in her eyes.

"Ri, I don't know." She said wiping the tears from her face only for more to fall

"I'm in school to be a doctor. I'm not even done with my pre med. I don't even know this man is. I don't know if he has a family. I don't even know his name." She said trying to keep her calm which didn't go well and Ri pulled her into a hug

"Pop is gonna be so mad.." she mumbled and Marianne shook her head

"Daddy's not going to be upset and if it's faith then maybe you'll see him again. And if you do you talk to him about it. Like I said if he doesn't want a baby you'll have lots and lots of support around you, and he'll be missing out on a amazing journey.

You just have to make a decision if your ready or not."

Christmas is almost here omg

Ian buy no presents yet🌚

Me writing and y'all reading