7

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

"Nas?"

He listened as the soft voice spoke through the speakers on his phone as he laid in the bed seconds away from going to sleep even though it was only 3pm. He had a long ass day and he was ready for it to be over.

"wassup ma?"

"Can you bring me some Chick-fil-A?"

"I'll be there in bout 15 minutes."

-

He walked in the house closing the door behind his self and walking up the stairs to the A'kira's bedroom. Opening the door seeing the room empty but hearing water in bathrooms making him put the food on the nightstand and lay down in the bed that was the closest to the door.

A few minutes later A'kira opened the bathroom door with just a sports bra with the cold therapy pads on the inside of them and some shorts. She walked to the dressing table about to pick up her food before he turned her towards him.

"What happen?" He asked and watched as her already puffy eyes started watering for the 3rd time tonight. Sitting up he pulled her down into him trying to calm her down.

He sighed wrapping his arms around her, not knowing what to say in the moment because he didn't know what was wrong.

"You gotta let me know what's wrong so I can fix it ma. Talk to me."

"Nas I'm scared."

"Of what?"

"Having a baby..." he stayed quiet at that letting her continue.

"I'm in about to be in medical school and the requires me to be in the actual hospital and I can't bring a baby in there. I feel like I'll have to end up choosing between her and my future and I don't want that. I want to be able to give her a childhood and I want to be there when she start taking her first steps or talking, but I feel like I'll miss all of that. Then at school I feel like I'll be too worried about her to get work done.

I guess it's all just settling in because I felt her move for the first time today and it was supposed to be a happy moment but it just made me cry.."

He listened as she spoke taking breaks here and there because she was crying and trying to regulate her breathing at the same time.

"You just gon' have to learn to balance them both, baby. Just cause we having a a child don't mean yo life gotta go on hold." He said and wiped her face

"It gon take some getting used to and that's okay. You can always take a small break from school if you feel like it's getting difficult to handle to it, take a break for a while and breathe. Babies start walkin' and talkin' when they a couple months old so you'n gotta worry bout that. When you at school don't ain't gotta worry bout her cause she gon be right here wit' me. Don't be overthinking mama you gon stress yourself out. That ain't good for you or the baby."

He pulled her into him making her lay down on him

"Your not even a little scared?"

"No. I know I have a lot to learn about handling a child which I'm willing to learn and I know I'll have to cut a lot a stuff out, like smoking; which I'm also willing to do."

He felt her nod and he reached over giving her the Chick-fil-A bag, still having a hold on her.

She liked talking to him.

These 3 weeks he's consistently been in her life she never once felt like like he was trying to 'over dominate' her.

He never raised his voice at her or tried to 'match her energy' when when she caught her little attitude with him.

He didn't try to make it seem like her feelings were invalid, instead he listened to her and gave his opinion.

And all of those things gave him access to seeing the more, as some would say, soft part to her. He was calm and gentle with her.

And in return he got nothing but a more calm and softer woman.

Short chapter sorray. I need to pee and i refuse to go until I update.

BYE NOW MY POOKIES