5

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

Nasir followed the direction on the map with his music playing in the background. It was cold outside so he had the AC on low giving a little heat at 70 degrees.

Stopping at the red light he turned his head to the passenger seat seeing A'kira sleeping. They exchanged numbers the text messages mostly consist of him checking in on her seeing if she needed anything.

He didn't know if the child was his yet, if it was he didn't want the first impression of him to be he barley checked in. If it wasn't he'll just go on about his normal life. Not that he thought she was lying because it didn't seem like she would but he could never be sure.

Making his way to the private OBGYN/Doctor office, she told she only trusted one doctor besides her mom and he respected that.

-

99.99%

It wasn't much denying that.

Nas looked at the paper results and A'kira sat on the bed waiting for Dr.Rudi to come in the room. She didn't have to look at the paper, she only did it because he asked nicely.

"Okayyy Miss Smith!"

The black older woman who's hair sat in its natural state of a Afro walked in the room with a smile on her face. She looked at Nas in the corner.

"Dad." She smiled at him and he nodded in her direction.

"We've done test on you two and it seems like you'll be having a perfectly healthy baby! Your in for your 3 month check up today. You'll be hearing your baby's heartbeat today and you can decide if you want to know the gender of the baby."

A'kira looked back at Nas seeing him already looking at her obviously waiting in her response

"Yes please" A'kira said nodding

"Of course sweetheart, lay back for me I'll put the gel on your stomach and find your baby, they like to hide alot."

A'kira listened and laid back lifting her shirt and the doctor got the squeezing it on her stomach making her inhale.

Nasir mugged the doctor.

"It just a little cold dad." Dr Rudi said seeing his expression before bringing the machine to her stomach moving it around for a couple seconds before they saw a baby.

"And here we have the heartbeat of a healthy beautiful baby girl!"

-

"Nasir?"

"Hm?" He answered

"You didn't say a lot during the appointment...You don't want kids?"

"It wasn't in my plan. But you decided to keep her, so I'll be right hea' helping you raise her because she is my child. Won't love her no less because I didn't expected a child. Don't take no offense to me not I'm just takin' it all in."

He responded and she slowly nodded her head not expecting that response.

It was very...mature.

"And send me the dates for the rest of our doctor appointment, Imma take you from now."

"Okay...I don't want to tell anybody I'm pregnant and let's play 21 questions." She said adjusting herself and putting some ice in her mouth

Nas looked at her and nodded even though he did a full blown background research on her and knew damn near everything.

"What's your full name?"