31

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

A'kira turned her head in the direction she heard footsteps seeing Nasir making his way towards her.

"What you doing out here mama" He spoke up once he was in ears reach

"Just thinking, I wanted to go on the water but I don't know." She replied before speaking up again

"Where's Rylan?"

"In the house, my mom here."

She nodded and watched as he took off his shirt, leaving him in the black Nike shorts and a pair of crocs she convinced him to buy a while back. He eventually took off his shoes.

"C'mon."

It didn't take a genius to figure out what he was talking about. Helping her off the sand she took off her shirt leaving on the rest of her clothes before letting him guide her to the water.

He walked until he felt her stop, turning around confused before seeing the water was already above her chest. Moving he picked her up before walking to where the water stopped at his chest.

Watching as she looked around for a bit their eyes connected and he finally decided to talk.

"How you been baby?"

"I already told you Nasir.."

"No. You told me bout Janai. I'm askin bout you A'kira. I'm not tryna hear bout nobody but you right now, talk to me."

"It was scary going into labor by myself. I guess I had this image in my head that you would always be there, so it was hard when one day that just wasn't the case anymore."

It was a quick pause before she kept talking

"Giving birth to her was weird, I didn't really know what to expect. Eventually I had to push my feelings to the side and take care of her. I guess she would pick up on how I felt. If I cried, she cried sometimes it really stressful because she wouldn't calm down until I calmed down. Then I had to keep up with school, It was just hard Nasir." She said trying not to cry.

She felt like all she's been doing was crying for the past 4 months.

Nasir has been there for a few weeks. He basically took whatever load she had away and she never realized how dependent she was on him until he came back.

He's been with Rylan most of the time which gave her more than enough time to do schoolwork. He cooked, put Rylan to bed, and by the time A'kira woke up it was nothing to do. She felt bad, and voiced multiple times he didn't need to do that, but he shut that down every time she brought it up.

"I'm sorry I wasn't there baby, and I'm sorry you had to do that on your own. I would've came as soon as I woke up but I had to figure that shit out. Don't be pushin how you feel to the side mama. You don't got to do that no more, you shouldn't had to do that shit in the first place."

-

"Nasir you're being so stubborn right now.."

She said as he basically laid on top of her with his face in her neck having no care in the world. Obviously she wasn't strong enough to move him herself

"I love you" he spoke lowly which made his voice deeper than it already was trailing kisses on his neck

"I love you too Nas"

"Mmm..you thought about what you doing for school?"

"What you mean?"

He sat up this time but still kept her close