29

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

"Hey pretty girl" A'kira spoke to Dylan who watched her with wide eyes

She's clearly been up for a while

"Why you didn't tell mommy you was up? Sitting here all by yourself. I'll be right back"

She sat up and walked towards the bathroom, doing her facial routine and oral hygiene before walking back in the room. Sitting back on the bed she unfolded the blanket from the swaddle she put her in and got comfortable with her in her arms and sat back starting to feed her.

-

"Thank you again Chole-" before she got to finish with her sentence she cut her off

"There's no need to thank me A'kira" she waved her off while giving Rylan the pacifier. "It's a blessing to help take care of my first grandchild. If anything I should be thanking you for trusting me around her."

A'kira quickly learned that Chole was a kind spirit, she reminded her of her mother and sister.

"It's nothing, you've been here for me even before she was born.." she trailed off her sentence not wanting to get too deep in the topic, it was a sensitive topic for her.

Understandably so

"I'm about to get some fruit, I can take her if you'll like."

"You've been taking care of her all week A'kira, she won't miss you too much if you just go to the kitchen."

Chole could tell she was slightly anxious about that. She reminded her of herself when she first gave birth to Nasir. She didn't want to let him out her sight.

After some more convincing that it would be okay A'kira began her walk down the few stairs.

-

She felt her heartbeat pick up as she heard the door open a couple seconds ago and now footsteps walked through the house.

She didn't have her phone so she didn't know who was on the property at the moment. Her fingers tapped together at a rapid pace remembering Rylan was upstairs. Closing her eyes for a couple seconds taking some time to calm down she made her way out the kitchen but bumped into a body, hands immediately went out stopping her from falling.

As she looked at the fear left her body and was quickly replaced with shock.

"What you doin here? Why the fuck you ain't say something?!"

Niko side eyed her while lifting up his phone showing the 6 text messages he left and 2 miss calls.

"Oh.."

"Exactly, yellin' at me and shit. A nigga ain't do nun." He replied looking around the house.

"Okay but you could still said something instead of creepin. You literally scared me"

"Ian know if Rylan was sleeping or not so I had to find my way 'round." He said dramatically shrugging his shoulders.

The only other people beside the group, and her parents knew she had a baby was Niko and Chole.

He watched her and saw the small knife she had in her hand. "I hope you wasn't planning to defend yo' self with that, cause what the fuck?" He said pointing at it

"I never been in here before, nigga Nasir always kicked me out when I was on the fuckin porch. He ain't even let me knock on the door." He mugged nobody in general

A'kira frowned at that, snapping back into reality.

"Rylan's upstairs with your mom...How is he?" She asked, she didn't get any information on him due to precautions and it was slowly killing her on the inside.