28

3rd Person POV.
*not edited*

*4 months later*

A'kira sat on the chair her eyes closing at the pain. It hurt to walk, sit, it hurt to move in general. Sighing before reaching out and taking up a slice mango that was in the bowl she made.

She looked down at the 2 week newborn that moved around and shook her head hearing her make noise

"You can't eat this girl"

She stared blankly at A'kira before kicking her feet

A'kira was sad, upset, and angry all at once. She hated this feeling, have nobody to help her was even harder. She only gave birth 2 weeks ago and was more than grateful for Nasir's mother who rushed her to the hospital when she went into labor.

She felt like she cried a lot. And she did.

She didn't imagine her life to be the way it is.

Giving birth with no family in the room, them having to find out through FaceTime. Nasir still in a coma and lonely most of the time.

She went through a horrible depression.

But as sad as she was the moment her eyes landed on her child she felt the need to get herself together. She couldn't only think about herself, surprisingly that mindset helped her a lot these pass 2 weeks.

Her phone started to ring and she immediately answered knowing who was on the other side.

"Hi daddy" she answered propping the phone up on the kitchen island.

"Wassup princess. You okay? You need anything?"

He called everyday and asked the same 2 questions. He wasn't taking the situation lightly at all, the fact that somebody attempted to take both of his daughter's life wasn't something he took lightly.

Many could say he stepped out of retirement for a bit.

He hated the fact that his daughter was across the damn country and he couldn't get to her if anything happened. Don't get it twisted, he knew exactly where she was, even though that information wasn't disclosed to him.

"I'm okay and I don't need anything." she responded smiling at the phone "what you do today daddy? Hope nothing too extra I know you gettin' old and stuff."

"This why you can't have nice shit in life A'kira. All you do is talk shit" he mugged her through the phone causing her to smile wider

"Jamal don't be talking to my baby like that! What is wrong with you?!"

"Now I'm in tha' wrong. Fuck typa shit is this.." he mumbled under his breath side eyeing his wife

"Mommy he mumbli-"

" I'a hang up this phone."

"No you're not." Imani said snatching the phone from Jamal and gave A'kira a matching smile. "Hi baby!"

"Hi mommy"

"Let me see Ry"

Her smile quickly dropped

"You never want to see me anymore." She mumbled and picked up the phone flipping the camera at Ry who sat watching A'kira with wide eyes

-

"Girl your dad would be staring at us like we crazy right now."

She didn't feel as lonely as she didn't before giving birth. Even though Rylan couldn't talk back it was nice to know she was listening...or at least trying to. It helped her depression a lot.