27

3rd person POV
*not edited*

*short chapter*

"I went to my 6 month check up today"
A'kira said twisting the ring that was around his finger.

It was a habit she had for the past 2 weeks.

"She said she's healthy and I should have a smooth birth."

No response. Turning her head to look at him seeing how calm he looked. Surprisingly, he didn't need a breathing tube to breathe. He looked like he was just peacefully sleeping, but she knew that was far from the truth.

His chances of surviving were suck at 42% according to the doctors. According to the police, as they watched back the footage it was very obvious he shielded her from getting hit in the crossfire.

She couldn't help the tears that built up in her eyes.

It was a routine she fell in. She woke up took a shower and was right back in the chair next to him. School wasn't even something she was thinking about because quite frankly, A'kira just wanted him to wake up.

But she couldn't help but feel guilt rushing through her body every time she looked at him.

Ignoring the sound of the door opening knowing it was only certain people allowed in this section of the hospital. She stared at the floor and didn't acknowledge the person that sat next to her until they spoke up. The first couple days she stayed here almost everybody tried to convince her to leave, but she wouldn't listen.

"You need to leave."

The voice next to her spoke up causing her to turn her head in their direction. Nick sat there with nothing but guilt written over his face.

"No you need to leave. This is your first time coming to see him since he's been here. What the fuck is wrong with you? He would've been here every fucking day if it was you here-"

"You don't think I know that?"

As disconnected as he was emotionally. As much as he didn't understand how to process emotions. Niko knew Nasir would've been here everyday making sure he was good.

The guilt was messing with his head. If he just listened to him in the first place, they would've never been in this situation. He felt even worse each day he hesitated coming to see him. Maybe he just didn't want to accept reality, but it was hard to reject when it was right in your face.

"You need to leave A'kira." Before she responded to him he continued "You need to leave the state. These people weren't trying to shoot Nasir"

He didn't need to explain further because the look on her face told him clearly she understood.

They were trying to kill her.

The same way the got in Mir's house to kill Marianne.

These people were watching them. And they've obviously been watching for a while.

"-and it's a good thing you never left this hospital. Because right now they have it in their mind Nasir's looking for them."

Nick and Jay along with Samir, ManMan, Twone, and Shoota decided to play it smart. They dropped slight hits that Nasir was still alive and that Akira wasn't and unsurprisingly that information was spread to 'Mike'. They had a somebody in the main trap giving information to this person, and they were playing it safe until they found exactly who it was.

"They think you're dead A'kira, and we need to keep that story up-" handing her the a few pieces of paper and a sealed envelope "A couple months ago he put your name under the estate in California, along with his main bank account."

A'kira stared at the papers that showed her name under his name on all the properties he owns and she moved the papers behind taking up the envelope that had the tree logo in the corner along with the fine print logo

Stanford university

It didn't take long for her to open the envelope and unfold the paper and first few words immediately stood out.

Congratulations!

You have been selected for a full ride scholarship at Stanford school of Medicine!

"It's a private jet ready for you to leave in 2 hours. I already had a conversation with your family and told them, sorry but you weren't answering your phone. Imma be outside waiting for you." He said and waited for a bit but eventually walked out the room after getting no response

Hm..

I don't like him anymore😀 we texted ONCE today and that was when I said goodmorning

I hate feel like I'm forcing people to speak to me, that nigga won't hear nothing from me again unless it's about me doing his hair. I might be petty and give dry ass responses when he text me😭

New nigga me asap. I lose interest tooo fast to deal with inconsistency LMFAOOO