Chapter 3- The Love Doctor

Nandini's jaw dropped seeing his name. Navya is about to leave from there and Nandini stops her, "Navya please don't go". Navya awkwardly smile at Nandini and speaks in a whisper tone "kya hua Nandini, I have my duty and suddenly ho kya gaya tumhe?"

Before Nandini could say anything Navya bid bye to her. Manik clears his throat to get her attention who looked like a lost puppy when Navya left her alone. "Why did you say no?" Manik asked in a husky tone.

"Sir, I didn't know that you were Dr. Manik Malhotra, agar mujhe pata hota tho" Manik showed his hand signing her to stop, Nandini is confused as why he is interrupting her. "Ms. Shanaya, why did you say no to your treatment? You know na you have a tumor" Nandini hits herself with the case report for mistaking his question for her.

"Say it", Manik, this time spoke in an authoritative tone. "Dr. Nandini Murthy, will you just keep hitting yourself with the file or will you also read the medical history of the patient" he looked at her while she hung her head low. She quickly opened the file and read, "Patient name Ashika, age 42 and has a medical history of mild heart attacks".

"Good, so tumhe 24 years ki Shanaya aur 42 year old ki Ashika mein farak dikhta nahi hai, ek case report bhi sahi nahi hai, kyu aate ho yaha, I want her medical history now!" Manik roared and she shook in fear. Later she realized that she got the case report which Navya was holding in a hurry after lunch. She goes out to fetch Shanaya's reports and sees Navya.

''Nandini galti se hum dono ka reports exchange ho gaya" Navya returned the reports. She noticed Nandini being dull. "Nandini, are you fine? You look so upset, why were you stopping me when I was going out" Nandini couldn't hold back her tears when Navya asked her. "Why are you crying? Stop Nandini, we can sit and talk". Navya tried to calm her down and got water for her. Nandini takes a sip and then speaks, "he shouted on me for exchanging the reports". Navya looked at Nandini like she is a zombie. "You were crying just because he shouted, I was scared" Nandini then spoke defending herself "Navya ye wahi tha I told you na about meeting a guy, he was the one" now it is Navya's turn to open her eyes wide.

"And you said to me that he was not the one" she asked innocently. "Huh! He is not the one for me but he is the one whom I saw today, bye" Nandini took the report from her and rushed to the ward.

"So agar tumhare timepass ho gaya tho thoda apne valuable time hume bhi de dijiye" Manik snatched the report from her and read it himself. "Sir she needs to get operated before its too late" Nandini said when he looked at the reports. "So tumne preparations kiya hi hoga surgery ke liye, get the OT ready, quick". Manik is about to leave the ward when Nandini stopped him in haste.

"Sir, there's a problem, Shanaya isn't ready for getting operated". "Okay just take some time arrange it in an hour", Manik said casually.

"Sir that's not possible she isn't ready until she sees Vansh" Nandini said. That was all Nandini could speak and Manik dragged her out of the ward and took her to the adjacent room. "Aap kya kar rahe hai sir!", Nandini jerked off his hand.

"Are you dumb or what? Why you keep saying that she isn't ready for treatment, tumhe sunke wo aur bhi zid karegi not all patients are alike, I don't understand what is your problem. Just because you have a mouth doesn't mean that you should talk all the time, just keep your mouth shut or else I would have to use my own ways to shut you up!" it sounded more like a warning to her. He left from there and Nandini stood still trying to figure out what he said.

"Ayyappa, why are you doing this to me? Why me! Stupid me! I should have atleast listen to his name in the morning, my bad! Koi baat nahi, I will apologize Manik sir for being rude, I'm sure wo maan jayega, yes I will" she talked to herself.