Chapter 9- Friends or Foes!?

Nandini is shocked to hear it. "Aap kya bol rahe ho, hua kya hai?"

''Main hospital pahunch ke bathathi hu" she cut the call. "Manik sir tho OT main hai, how will I tell him? Yes, I will tell Dr. Abhimanyu" she runs to meet Abhimanyu.

"Excuse me sir" she knocked on his door. "Dr. Nandini!" he warmly smiled at her and called her in. "Manik sir ki mom ko accident hua and he is in OT" she said in one go. "What? Let's go" they rushed out and saw Nyonika lying unconscious.

He joined her in the hospital. "Bahut blood loss hua hai, first aid karenge" Abhimanyu took her in the ward.

"Chachi ye sab kaise hua?" Nandini asked her chachi. "Pata nahi Nyonika ji mujhe mall mein mili hai, suddenly wo behosh hokar gir gayi, she fell from certain height that she is injured badly, then I remembered you within no time I got her here, usse kuch hoga nahi na" her chachi panicked.

"Thank God, you brought her here, Manik sir jaise OT se baahar aaye, I will inform him" she said to her chachi.

"Nandu, you never told me that you work with Manik!" Nandini is unexpectedly caught by her chachi. She never told them that she and Manik work in the same hospital.

Her chachi is worried for Nyonika's well being while Abhimanyu is treating her. She remembered that Manik will be out any moment now and goes to meet him.

"Tum itni dumb kaise ho sakti ho, don't you know that you should switch off your phone in the OT" Manik sounded annoyed seeing Nandini as soon as he saw her.

"Sir, aapke mom ko accident hua. She has been admitted in hospital, Abhimanyu sir usse treat kar raha hai" Nandini didn't even complete the sentence and Manik rushed to see his mom.

"Sir please Aap tension mat lijiye", Nandini tried her best to calm him down. Manik is on verge of tears seeing his mom on the bed. Nandini went away from him seeing Abhimanyu coming to talk to him.

"Manik I think aunty ki blood pressure low hone ki wajhe se wo behosh ho gayi, she fell down that there's a heavy blood loss, she needs blood transfusion" he said to Manik and asked him to calm down.

"But maa ki blood group O negative hai, it's not easy to find" Manik said worried for his mom.

"Beta humara Nandu ka bhi O negative blood group hai, tum chahe tho test kar sakte ho" chachi told them who overheard their discussion.

"Brilliant, Manik let's just not waste time, we'll ask Nandini" Abhimanyu said but Manik stays silent.

"Tum soch kya rahe ho?" Abhimanyu didn't understand Manik's unease to talk to Nandini. "Main Nandini se baat karungi" chachi said and left to see Nandini.

"I don't think wo maan jayegi" Manik said after a while. "At least hum try tho kar sakte hai na" Abhimanyu didn't lose hope.

"We are just wasting time Abhi, call to all the blood banks available, we need to figure out something" Manik said to Abhimanyu.

Abhimanyu went to see Nandini who walked away from her chachi. "I told you that she will not agree, let's just try for something else" he suggested. Manik and Abhimanyu contacts the hospital blood bank and other NGOs. They seek help from Dr. Shrivastav's help. They try by all means but of no use.

"Excuse me sir" Manik and Abhimanyu turned to see Cabir. "Sir, I will be assisting you in this case" he informed Abhimanyu. "But why? I mean Nandini was already there" Abhimanyu asked him.

"Sir, I need to get permission from Mukti ma'am to donate blood so I asked her to replace someone for me and I also took an off so that I can go early after the procedure, maine apni vitals check bhi karwaya" Nandini informed him.