Chapter 32- Dead End

Navya went inside without saying anything. The lady who said that she is Navya's mom sat there. Aryaman, Nandini and Cabir left from there. "Agar ye Navya ki mom hai, so who did we see at her home?" Aryaman asked in confusion. "So confusing here Aryaman" Nandini sighed. "Guys see, he isn't stable till now and he needs to be kept under observation" Cabir said seeing the reports Mukti handed over to him. "Who is handling this case?" Nandini asked. "Dr. Manik Malhotra" Cabir didn't even finish saying and Nandini thought of meeting him.

Nandini didn't even knock the door and entered his cabin. "Kya hua? knock bhi nahi kiya, bhul gayi, I'm your senior doctor" he raised his brows. "But you are not behaving like one" she says seriously. "Hua kya hai?" he asked putting his phone aside. "Aap ke friend Siddharth ka rishta ko aap abhi tak no nahi kaha" she asked him. "No he did not call me" Manik answered sincerely. "Tho aap call kijiye, tell him to call aunty and say no, chacha and chachi are getting on my nerves and they are building hopes" she said.

"Ok, tum tension mat lo, and I'm sorry mom ki taraf se" he said making her sit on the chair. "No, I didn't mean that but you know I don't want to marry now" she stammered as she said. "I know, I understand" he said and he assured her that he will take care of this issue. "I will explain Siddharth and mom too". Nandini trusted him and left from there. Manik thought he should help her out and decided to talk to him. He called Siddharth. "Hello" came the voice from other side.

"Hey Siddharth, Manik here" he said hesitantly. "Yeah Manik, sorry man I should have called you but you know na tight schedule" Siddharth said. "Yeah I know" Manik formally smiled. "Tell me how is Nandini? Did she ask about me? By God, since the day I have seen her photo, I'm eager to meet her. Tell me about her" he asked Manik while Manik is little shocked to see him curious about her.

"Oh! you didn't even see her clearly and knowing and meeting her, you'll surely have to go long way. But Siddharth, she has a concern, she doesn't want to marry you, I'm sorry from mom's side for that she did not ask Nandini before sending her photo" Manik genuinely apologized to Siddharth and hoped he will understand. Much to Manik's dismay, he laughed out.

"C'mon Manik, aunty was right then. She told me that Nandini will say no but I didn't expect you will be her messenger. Chill dude, I'm coming there anyway, I will convince her" he said and Manik didn't believe his ears as he cut the call. "What the hell! Can't he understand that a girls' no means no. No Nandini doesn't deserve someone like him. How sensible she is!" he thought for a while. "Why Nandini didn't wear that saree today? Did she not believe that it is for her" he was wondered and thought of doing something.

Mukti and Abhi waited for the reports which ward boy handed over to Abhi. Raman was also there with them. "Yes sir, it's a match" Abhi said and passed the reports to him. Mukti also had a look at them. "Yes, then we can arrange for surgery" Raman said. "Then ask Ishitha ma'am to get ready" Abhi said. "Will someone tell me what's going on here?" Mukti asked as she lost her patience since morning. She couldn't tolerate the pressure inside her. Abhimanyu told her everything that Raman couldn't tell. "Ishitha ma'am and Raman sir have never cheated your mom, they didn't kill her. Her insecurities did. You know what! Just because of your mom, Ishitha ma'am lost her reputation, her house owner threw her out on road, she lost everything. In fact she closed all her ways out and in one way she instigated Raman sir to marry Ishitha ma'am" Raman stood there unable to guess Mukti's reaction.

Mukti held her father's collar and cried hard. "Mukti please stop crying" she looked at Raman. "I loved Shagun so much, we would have lived very happily if she didn't have opted for surrogacy. We brought Ishitha into our lives just for you" Mukti hugged him. "Why didn't you say this before dad?" she asked crying. "We tried Mukti but you behaved violently whenever you saw Ishitha" he said. Mukti wiped off her tears and was about to leave the room. "Call her dad. Abhimanyu please get the OT ready for transplantation" she said and left. "Mukti surgery ke liye maan gayi sir, Ishitha ma'am ko kuch mat bolna and ask her to come soon" Abhi said and Raman called Ishitha and ask her to get ready for transplantation.