Chapter 18- Unnamed Feelings

Mukti is shocked to see Abhimanyu like that. Aryaman reacted soon and called Mukti. "Ma'am" she reacted as he called her. "Aryaman, check the pulse" she said to Aryaman.

''Itna blood loss hua, he is not more" Dr. Shrivastav sighed. "No, its not possible, sister rush give him atropine 1 mL, adrenaline 1 mL" she gave the rush to Abhimanyu. "Mukti, try and understand he is no more" Dr. Shrivastav tried to explain her.

"Main logon ko itna easily jaane nahi doongi" Mukti shouted on him. "Aryaman, I'm going to shock him 100, I'm clear, are you?" Mukti asked him. "Yes ma'am I'm clear" he said while he checked his heart beat in the monitor.

"Doctor, it's a flat line" Aryaman sighed. "I'm shocking him 200, are you clear" Mukti asked again and shocked Abhimanyu. "It's a flat line again" Aryaman checked and Mukti started losing hope but she tried again. "I'm again shocking him 200, are you clear?" she tried with all she have. "Ma'am he's back" Mukti saw the monitor and the pulse is revived.

"Let's shift him to OT" Mukti rushed. Someone informed Manik and he came to see Abhimanyu. He met Dr. Shrivastav who asked him to join Mukti in OT. Dr. Shrivastav himself joined.

"Dr. Mukti, how is the condition" Dr. Shrivastav asked. "It's a simple linear fracture of the skull" Mukti asked. "Blood loss hone ki wajhe se surgery ke liye time lagega" Manik said. "So what are you planning to do?" Dr. Shrivastav asked.

"Sir hum junior doctors nahi hai, we know what to do" Mukti answered. "OK go ahead" Mukti and Manik continued. They successfully operated him and came back. Mukti asked nurse if they have contacted Abhimanyu's family. She nodded no.

"Why did you not do it until now? Ab ye bhi mujhe hi karna padega kya?" Mukti took the register and checked his details. "Yaha tho Dr. Manik ka naam likha hai" Mukti wondered. She went to meet Manik.

"Excuse me Dr. Malhotra" she knocked in. "Yeah, please come in" he welcomed her warmly. "I tried calling Abhimanyu's family members but emergency contacts mein aapka naam hai" she told him. "Abhi doesn't have any family, he is an orphan, as per rules I will take his responsibility and sign all the related forms" he said.

"Oh OK then I will send the required forms" she went from there. Mukti met Aryaman. "Good job doctor, now you are free from punishment" she said and Aryaman felt relieved. "But aage se aise mistakes repeat mat karna" she advised him.

"Dr. Aryaman, there is a case I wanted you to deal, the patient is one of our trustees so be careful and I have faith in you" she told him. "OK ma'am sure" he left from there. "Ab ye trustees ka kya chakkar hai, I'm already tired. I should meet Nandini first" he thought and went to her.

"Nandini" he called her and she didn't react. "I'm sorry Nandini" he apologized her. "No need to apologize Aryaman" she snapped at him. He understood that she is in a bad mood. "Nandini I swear I didn't thought that Alya will accuse you for it" he said. Nandini didn't pay attention to him and left from there.

"Aryaman, you are sorry because Alya slapped Nandini not because Alya felt humiliated" Navya asked him. "Yeah, what did you thought? I'm obviously sorry for Nandini" he said recklessly. "But Aryaman, you insulted Alya in front of everyone" she tried to explain him. "Remember Navya, I didn't edit her pics, I just got multiple prints of her original picture, she obviously was a model for the ad film" he cleared but Navya didn't agree with him.

"C'mon Navya, be a sport" he said as Navya is about to leave. "Going home? Main chod du?" he offered her. "Nandini nahi tho Navya, Wah Aryaman wah" Cabir came there. "Tum kya sirf girls ke personal driver ho mujhe drop nahi karoge" Cabir asked making puppy face.

"Cute tho ladkiya bante hai Cabir tumhe please" he joked. "Chalo mujhe drop karo" he asked. "Where's your bike?" Aryaman asked. "Rehne do, aaj bike chalaane ka mood nahi hai" Cabir said. Aryaman got a call. He went out and came back. "Sorry aaj tumhe aaj akele hi jaana hoga jaaneman, I have some work" Aryaman said.

"Ab Nandini ya Navya ho tho tum aise nahi bologe" Cabir accused him. "Oh C'mon I really have something important" he went. He rushed out of the room and bumped into a girl.

"Ouch" Aryaman whined. "Oh hello tumne mujhe takkar diya and now... Oh God, Dr. Aryaman!" she exclaimed seeing him. "Excuse me! Do we know before" he asked confused. "No" she said confidently and added "We're meeting for the first time".

"Then my name?" he asked. "Apron pe dekha" she pointed towards his apron with his name. "Tho" he asked. "Aryaman sounds cute na" she asked putting a hand on his shoulder. "Excuse me" he moved a little. "Offo excuse me ke aage bhi kuch bolo yaar" she hit him playfully on his head.

"What" he said irritated. "I love you" she said and he is confused. "I mean tum mujhe I love you bhi bol sakte ho, I don't mind" she said shyly. "Ye mental asylum nahi hospital hai, you're in a wrong place" he said moving away from her.

"Aryaman mujhe chod ke mat jaana" she shouted as he left her. Navya reached home and found her mom waiting for her. "Aap khaana kha liya na maa" she asked. "Tumhara bina kaise aao main khaana lagati hu" Navya got freshened up.

"Kaise chal raha hai beta" her father asked. "Aaj maa ka phone aaya" she said. "Maa tho tumhe roz call karti hai" he smiled. "Mujhe 'maa' ne call kiya bauji" she said nervously.

He looked seriously at her. Her mom is scared to see him. "Please ek baar mujhe usse milne dijiye na" she asked. "Navya you don't know about all these things" he tried to explain her. "Wo meri apni Maa hai" Navya talked louder. He went out without talking a word.

"Maa please bauji ko aap samjhaiye na" she requested her. She looked helpless. "It's not that I want to go back to them but" tears flowed down her cheeks. Her mom went inside without listening to her. Navya is angry and sad. She cried her heart out locking herself in a room.

Manik got tired and reached home at about 10 pm. He ringed the door bell but found the door open. He went in to hear someone laughing. He saw his mom and Nandini laughing together. He looked at the watch and wondered what she is doing there. "Mom" he spoke just to get their attention.

"Manik, tum kab aaye ho?" his mom asked with a wide smile. "Would you like to have your dinner?" she added. "No mom I'm not hungry" he said to his mom but eyes fixed on Nandini who felt uncomfortable as she saw him.

"Maa Mujhe dhood chahiye" he made an excuse to send her in. "Arre, tum jaake piyo na" his efforts got wasted. "Nahi mujhe abhi chahiye warna" he stopped. "Main chali jaati hu aunty it's getting late" she got up taking her bag.

"Ha, it's getting late, Manik tum dhood baad mein peena, drop her home go" she asked him. "OK mom, Aao Nandini" he said taking his keys. Nandini, with no option left followed him to the car.

"Sir, I will go on my own" she said. He didn't reply and saw towards the door. "Aunty is not seeing us" she said without looking at him. "But she will ask me if I go inside now" he said. "Aryaman aate hoge na" he asked her casually.

"Wo mera driver nahi hai to pick me up always" she bursted on him. "I didn't mean it Nandini" he didn't understood why she said so. "I'm not talking to Aryaman" she said. "Kyu?" he asked even before she could complete.

"He shouldn't have done that to Alya" she said. "Bina wajah Alya slapped you" he said her. "It's because she thinks she can do anything" Nandini fumed in anger hearing Alya's name. "Nandini, I'm really sorry for what Alya did" he apologized.

"What! Sorry! Do you think she is right?" she raised her voice and Manik shocked. "Main kya kiya mujhpe kyu chilla rahi ho?" he asked innocently. "You never say anything to Alya upar se aap mujhe sorry bol rahe ho?" she said.

"So you want me to scold her?" he asked looking into her eyes. "Maine aise nahi bola" she looked down. "Ye batao, what are you doing here, I didn't even call you?" he asked. "Nurse aaj nahi aayegi and mera shift tho 7 ko khatam hua so I thought she might need me" she said.

"Thank you I actually forgot that nurse won't come tonight" he thanked her whole hearted. "Come I will drop you" he said opening the door for her. "Main chali jaati hu" she said as stubborn as she is. "Itna stubborn humesha ban na zaruri hai kya?" he asked annoyed. "For a second I feel like we're good friends and the next second we're enemies" he sighed.

"Mujhe jaana hai" she said in a low voice. "Tho jao na main rok nahi raha hu tumhe" he said and she turned to leave. He suddenly pulled her into a hug. She is shocked.

"Thank you for taking care of my mom Nandini" he said as he hugged her.