Chapter 45- Is it Over?

Manik made Nandini sleep in his tent. He slept in the other one which was meant for hospital. "Manik sir" he woke up as Cabir called him. "Good morning" Manik wished him. "Good morning, we're all set to go" Cabir informed that he woke up everyone. "I'm sorry I think I overslept" Manik said. "No sir, you were not late, I woke up early today" he said and asked Manik to get ready.

"Nandini bhi uth gayi!" Manik asked while Cabir is about to leave. "yes I just woke her up, she must be getting ready" he said. "Kal raat jo kuch bhi hua acha nahi hua" Manik said and Cabir said yes. "Tumhare saath kya hua? Navya ne bhi wo pee liya na" Manik asked and Cabir remembered Navya. "It's not important but what happened with you Nandini ne kuch kiya!" Cabir asked worriedly. "No she didn't do anything" he said smiling. "So why are you smiling when you remember last night with her, kuch tho hua hoga" Cabir remembered Navya kissing him and Manik remembered his kiss conversations with Nandini.

Both of their trance was broke by the ward boy who asked Manik to check the equipment before they leave. "Cabir, I'll go and check, you too go get ready" Manik left from there and Cabir went to freshen up. "Good morning Cabir" Nandini wished him but he didn't answer. "Cabir, I'm talking to you, why are you ignoring me" Nandini asked him. "Don't you know why I'm not talking Nandini?" Nandini sensed that all is not well with Cabir.

"Cabir, listen to me, I'm sorry for having that stupid drink. Me and Navya we thought that it was just a drink and Navya she forced me to drink it, and I just had little" she said. "I know ye sab uss Navya ne hi kiya hoga, she doesn't even know what was that but she forced you, how could she do that?" Cabir scolded Navya in front of Nandini. "Why are you scolding her Cabir? You were asking for an answer so I blamed it on Navya, but she is also your friend like me na! You both are good friends na, why are you scolding her even she must have gone through the same as I was" Nandini is little shocked seeing Cabir angry towards Navya. "Where is Navya? I didn't see her since morning" she asked him but he went off without answering.

"Acha hua tum uth gayi, are you feeling better Navya?" Nandini asked Navya. "Yeah, I'm fine but this headache is terrible" Navya said holding her head. "This is what might be called hangover Navya" Nandini said handing black coffee to Navya. "Have this black coffee, you'll feel better" Navya drank it all without any questions. "Navya, Cabir is so angry about what had happened yesterday" Nandini said. "Yes, we should not have done that, peene ke baad kuch hua kya?" Navya asked that. "No, I don't know, I don't remember seeing you after we drank" she said. "Mujhe bhi kuch yaad nahi tha" Navya said. "Maybe you teased Cabir, that's why he is angry on you" Nandini asked Navya to get ready.

Manik wondered if Nandini had remembered what they have talked last night. He wanted to check on her. "Good morning Nandini" he greeted him and she greeted him back. Manik is hesitated to talk to her. "Are you ready to leave? Navya bhi tayar ho gayi na" Manik asked. "Yeah, we are ready to leave" she said cheerfully. Manik had to leave from there as he found no excuse to stay there. He came out. "Manik, kya ho gaya tujhe? Why are you behaving like a lost puppy? You can just ask her if she remember what happened last night" he said to himself and got himself fully prepared to go to her again.

"Hello, I'm coming to Mumbai today. Can we meet in the evening?" Manik faintly heard Nandini's voice. "Thank you and I will be there at sharp 5 pm" she said cutting the call. "Kisko phone kiya Nandini" Navya asked casually while Manik listened to them. "Siddharth" Manik's heart sank as he heard her. "But why do you want to meet him all of a sudden, kal thak tho tum usse avoid kar rahi thi na!" Navya asked her.

"Yes, but not anymore I want to say it and I don't him to be in dilemma, he should know about my decision, after all he's been waiting since long time now Navya, I actually feel sorry for making him wait" Nandini said. Earth under him shattered for Manik. He couldn't hear a word more than that. He went away from there. "Are you going to say yes to him?" Navya asked remembering how Cabir said that Manik likes Nandini.