Chapter 71- Together We are One

Manik had reached airport and checked in. He wondered about Sonya who is just going off without any issue. He wanted to confirm about her departure. "Kahi wo bhi airport mein tho nahi hai!" he thought and tried calling her. "Usse call karna matlab aag mein haath dalna, I'll better call Alya" he thought and dialled her number. "Hey Alya" he said. "Hi Manik" she said.

"Uh sorry to disturb you but is Sonya there with you?" he asked her. "No di already left an hour ago" she said. "Oh, which flight did she take?" Manik asked with curiosity. "She didn't take a flight Manik, she went by car, wo Chennai jaa rahi hai about some deal and from there she will fly to London. But what happened? Is everything OK?" she asked him. "Yeah it's fine" he said relaxed.

"Kuch nahi tum iss time mein ye sab pooch rahe ho tho" she was confused. "I was just checking on you, remember I'm your doctor too" he said and she smiled. "Yes, and you can call me anytime Manik" she said and he informed her that he is leaving to Delhi for a seminar. He had cut the call. "Sonya Chennai gayi hai, main bekaar mein pareshan ho raha tha" he thought and saw Nandini's message on phone.

He opened the message to text a reply but heard announcement to board the flight. He hastily rushed to board the flight and adjusted himself in the seat. He tried calling her but her phone went unreachable. "Sir, please fasten your seatbelt and switch off your mobile. The flight is ready to take off" air hostess said to Manik and he put his phone back in pocket.

The flight had delayed landing due to bad weather. As soon as he landed in Delhi, he checked into the hotel where hospital had already booked a room for the seminar attendee. He looked at his watch, it's already 2 am and he hesitated whether to call Nandini at this late hour. After battling his thoughts, he finally thought to at least message her. He texted that he had safely reached and checked into the hotel.

His phone rang the next moment. Seeing Nandini's name on his screen had involuntarily brought smile on his face. "Hello" he was already late to pick up the call. "Manik" she sounded like she was waiting for his message. "Tum ab tak soyi nahi?" he asked her. "Nahi, I wasn't able to sleep. I have messaged you but you didn't even reply after seeing it" she said. "I'm so sorry Nandini, I tried messaging you but main tabhi flight board karne gaya tha" he apologized her. "Acha its okay, sleep well, its already late and all the best for tomorrow" an involuntary smile formed on his lips. "Tum bhi so jaana" he said and wished her sweet dreams. "Only if you are in my dreams" she blushed at his wish. They have cut the call and went to bed.

                                    *****************************************************

Navya waited at the door till morning. Chandra Shekar saw her sleeping in front of the door. "Tum ab bhi nahi jaogi?" he shouted at her while she woke up. "Main kahi nahi jaungi" she firmly said and barged into the house. He had no words to stop her. She got ready for the hospital and cooked his food. "Kitni ziddi ladki ho tum!" he said and Navya came out without looking at him.

He again heard his door bell ring. He opened the door expecting it to be Navya and shouted, "can't you take everything at once?" but he saw a young man in front of him. "Who are you?" he asked him politely. "Sir, main aapke liye aaya hu" he replied. "Mere liye? Ha OK andar tho aao pehle" he let him in. "Sit here, sorry I couldn't recognize you, do we know each other?" he asked him.

"No sir, hum pehli baar mil rahe hai. Mujhe actually aapse kuch kaam hai." he said to Chandra Shekar. "Ji boliye" he asked. "I'm a compounder at a local hospital. I always wanted to be a doctor sir, Maine suna aapki beti kahi coaching ke bina medical entrance crack karke doctor ban gayi hai. Mujhe bhi doctor banna hai, please agar aap mujhe tuition diya tho" he asked him.

"Get up" Chandra Shekar said roughly. "Sir, please listen to me" he tried to say but he didn't listen. "Agar tu isliye aaye tho get out of my house, now!" he shouted on the guy. He requested and pledged not to leave him until he accept him as his student. "Main phirse duty ke baad aaunga, aapko mujhe padana hi hai" he said and left from there. Chandra Shekar is frustrated and closed the door.