Chapter 37- Unpredictable

Siddharth gave a weird look to Manik. "Mom ne abhi abhi message kiya that she is returning home, but atleast we had dropped Nandini home" he said and Siddharth drove back home. Nyonika heard everything from Manik. "My God, Nandini is just saved" she prayed to God. "Ha mom, they were so cruel" Manik told her. "Tum jaake aaram karo Manik, I will get milk for you" she told and stood there. "Mom please, abhi nahi Nandini did it just before we left to drop her home. You know she said that you will do this if you are here" Manik said. "I'm happy that she knows what I want" Nyonika said. Manik lied down and due to the medicine effect he slept fast.

"Manik beta isme kya badi baat hai, I will shift to New York, if Alya want me to" Nyonika said to Manik who is annoyed due to Alya's wish to settle in New York. "Kya badi baat hai? Seriously mom!" he asked her. Nyonika tried to explain Manik, "I want you both to be happy together, aise jagadthe hue nahi dekh sakti main tum dono ko" she said. "Acha Alya se meri baat already hui thi, shaadi ke baad hum New York shift ho jayenge, tum India jaldi aa jao, main panditji se ek achi muharat nikalwake shaadi ka date fix karenge" she said and cut the call. Manik and Alya soon flew to India for their marriage. Nyonika waited for them at airport.

"Hi mom" Alya hugged Nyonika. She hugged back both Manik and Alya. "Hi Dad" Manik hugged his dad. "Hi papa" Alya tried to touch his feet but he stopped her. "No formality Alya, you are like my daughter" his dad said. "Jaldi ghar chalo, bahut kaam baaki hai" Nyonika them home.

Alya's sister, Sonia after two days. Various functions including Sagaai, Mehendi, Sangeet were done. "I'm so happy for you Manik" Nyonika said as she saw Manik as groom. They heard the door knock and Sonia came in. "Aunty, I don't know how to say this but I should, Alya ko ye shaadi nahi karni hai, she doesn't want this marriage"

"Aise kaise? Achanak kya hua?" Manik's dad asked her. "No, Alya will not say that, aap mazaak kar rahe hai na" Manik asked Sonia. "No" said Alya as she stepped inside. "Alya! Beta baat kya hai? We can sit and sort it out" Nyonika said to Alya. "No aunty, ye shaadi itne jald baazi mein kyu hote raha hai? I need some time, let's go slow, please Aap ye shaadi rukhiye" Alya said. "Alya beta, aise kaise hum ab" Nyonika stammered.

"Manik, please aunty ko samjao" she asked Manik. "Baat kya hai Alya? If you don't want this marriage you should have said it earlier not now, atleast when we came to India, you should have said it but not now" Manik said impatiently. "ha, main koshish kar rahi thi but aap log mujhe time hi nahi diya" Alya said. "Time nahi diya matlab!" his dad asked.

"Alya please hua kya hai, kuch tho batao, we will sort it out" Manik pleaded her. "Maine bola na shaadi nahi karni hai" Alya shouted. "Par kyu! Mujhe reason janne ka pura haq hai" Manik asked her. "Alya ko ek leading fashion house se modeling ka offer aaya, she was waiting for it since 2 years" Sonia said. "That's actually great, I promise I'll be there for you in your every step" Manik said.

"Then stop this damn marriage Manik, that fashion house wants me to work unmarried. I don't want this offer to get off my hands" she tried to explain Manik and his family. "Alya, you're a doctor, ye sab kya hai, dekho fashion industry is a hypothetical one" Manik's dad said. "Oh please, I'm not here to hear your lectures here, please Manik maan jao" she said harshly. "Alya, mind your words, wo mera papa hai, tum unse iss tarah baat nahi kar sakti ho" Manik said.

"This. This is the reason why I'm not getting married now! You might support me but your parents will never understand this" Alya said crying. "No, I'll explain them" Manik held her hands. "No Manik, bahut ho gaya, decide karo, if you want me come back to New York tomorrow, I'm going with di tonight" Alya said, "agar tum nahi aaya tho, I will confirm that we aren't together anymore" she looked into his eyes. "Decide it Manik" she said and is about to leave.