Chapter 21- The Big Mistake

Nurse left from there as she could not find Manik inside his cabin. She closed the door but they stood in the same position. He deepened the kiss, time slipped from seconds to minutes. Nandini didn't realize the time but Manik savoured their first kiss.

Nandini registered what had happened when his cold hands touched her soft cheeks to get a grip on her. Neither of them tried to stop themselves. He pulled out himself as they felt breathless. She felt embarrassed and he understood the awkward feeling and made way for her to leave from there. She went to the door and turned back to see him rubbing his temples in embarrassment.

She reminisced the kiss they've shared. It was a way special for her as it is her first kiss ever. A mixed feeling of guilt and pleasure had taken her over that she completely forgot why they have even kissed. Manik gasped for breath and mentally cursed himself for such unexpected turn of events. "Oh God! What she will think about me! What was I thinking when I kissed her! How should I face her?" he thought endlessly and Nandini came there all of a sudden. He stood there without movibg an inch.

"Sir, it's an emergency, no one is there" she said in one go. "OK let's go" he took stethoscope and walked behind her. He saw a couple crying. "Doctor, this is my daughter, don't know what happened she is not responding" he said showing his daughter. "What's her name?" he asked.

"Renu" her mother said. They tried to wake her up. Manik looked at Nandini who didn't even tried waking her up. He murmured to her, "Nandini what's wrong?" he whispered. "Sir, let's shift her to the ward, I think this is not a normal case" she said. "Sister, let's shift, you please wait here" he said to them and moved in with her.

"Tell me what's it?" he asked looking at her. "Sir, I think this isn't a normal case of unconsciousness, I think she committed suicide" she said but Manik is curious to know about it. "How can you be so sure that it's a suicide case?" he asked her again.

"Look at those cuts on the wrist, they're old ones, that means she have been trying since days but she couldn't gather courage. Which college student will have these cuts?" she gasped looking at Renu.

"I don't know which college she is?" Manik joked looking at her horrified face. "Aap mere saath mazaak kar raha hai?" she widened her eyes. "No but how I'm I supposed to know that?" he asked obviously. "I guess she committed suicide because she has multiple cuts on her left wrist, also her unconsciousness is not normal we need to get her tests done" she said and looked at him. She quickly realized that she ordered him. "Go on, get the tests done then" he said casually.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't mean to" she explained him but he cut her off. "It's okay Dr. Nandini, main utna bhi strict nahi hu" he smirked at her. He went from there and Nandini wondered what happened to him. Manik went to see Abhimanyu and remembered that Nandini has scheduled Vibha's surgery. He tried to call her.

"Ye Nandini ka phone nahi lag raha hai" he said casually looking at his phone. "Why are you calling her? Miss kar raha ho!" he teased Manik. "No, I was trying to ask her when she did schedule Vibha's surgery" he said.

"Vibha!" he asked confused. "Ha I forgot to tell you that Vibha had a non-malignant tumor so she got admitted here, we were scheduling her surgery" Manik said. "Oh then I should see her" Abhimanyu said. "You can, but both of you need rest and yeah she doesn't know about me and Alya, so don't talk about it, she might not receive it the way it is, iss baat batana uske liye acha nahi hai" Manik adviced him.

"OK, I understand" Abhimanyu sighed and Manik went from there asking him to take rest. Nandini saw him and called him. "Ha what's the matter?" he said being busy in phone. "Sir, this is very important" she stressed her words. "Ha, I'm all ears say" he said not coming out of his phone. She stayed silent until he saw at her.