Chapter 75- Breaking Bad

Manik ran past Nandini and tried to call Alya. "Alya, please pick up the call" he said. "Ab Alya kaha hogi" he thought and called her maid who said she hasn't come home yet. "Yes GPS tracker ke through main usse find karunga" he drove off to Alya's live location. He tried to call her on his way but her phone went not reachable. Far away he could see a car in a deserted street. It took a few seconds for Manik to identify it as Alya's car. The tracker exactly showed it as her location. The sight that caught Manik was horrifying.

He got down and pulled Alya and her driver out of the car. Manik beat the blue out of him. "How dare you?" Manik held his collar and thrashed him. He used pepper spray on Manik to divert him and he succeeded. Manik left him and Alya came near Manik. "Manik wo bhaag raha hai" she said. Alya gave water to Manik to wash his eyes. Manik regained his sight after few minutes and asked Alya if she is OK. "Kya hua Alya? Tum theek tho ho na?" he asked her. Her wrist had bruises and lips were chapped and were bleeding. He found Alya in her most vulnerable state.

"Pata nahi kya hua Manik achanak uss driver ne mujhpar attack kiya like someone said. It was all of a sudden and all I could think was to call you but you didn't pick up the call. Then he asked me to message you, then I messaged. Thank God tumne time par aaya agar tum nahi aaya tho" the fear was clearly evident on her face to make Manik believe that she wasn't lying. "What? He had let you call me and he advised you to message me?" Manik asked her wondered. "Yes, mujhe bhi ye yakeen nahi hua" Alya said.

"Morning Navya ke saath jo hua wahi same ab Alya ke saath bhi hua. How could it be possible? Are they both lying? No, it didn't seem to and Navya's dad bhi tho aaye the waha" several thoughts ran across his mind. "Hum uss driver ke ghar chalenge Alya" he said to Alya. Manik took Alya there. They both got down. "It's locked" Manik said to Alya. "Should we ask neighbours about his family" Alya suggested.

Manik and Alya went to the neighborhood and enquired about his family. "Wo log tho 3 din pehle hi ghar kaali kar diya" a woman said. "Do you have any idea where did they go?" Manik asked her. "Wo log Mumbai mein tho nahi hai par kaha gaye ye mujhe nahi pata" she said. "OK thank you" they left. "Strange, his family has moved to some other town but he still came to work, it's not a regular thing and that too ab wo bhaag gaya, ho sakta hai ki ye sab planned hai. He might have already shifted his family earlier but Alya ko hurt karke usse kya milega? Milna tho dhoor unki naukri chali jayegi na" Manik was in deep thoughts. He decided to investigate into the matter.

                                                                   **************************************************
"Why did you call me so urgently?" Saraswati asked as Chandra Shekar opened the door. She came in and he didn't speak anything. "Shekar main tumse kuch pooch rahi hu" she asked again. "Navya ki maa kuch Mahine pehle mar gayi thi tum jaanti ho na" he said hesitantly. "Ha main jaanti hu" she said sadly. "Navya mujhse kuch bol nahi rahi thi. Uske liye koi aur hai nahi baat karne ke liye, kya tum please usse baat kar sakti ho kya?" he asked hesitant. "Kya hua Navya ko?" she asked worried and went to meet Navya.

"Navya, kya hua beta? Tum aur Shekar aisa kyu hai? Kya hua?" she asked Navya. Navya was horrified and unable to speak anything because of the trauma. "Tum dono kuch bolo?" Saraswati is getting impatient to know what happened. "Navya beta please batao" she asked her again. Navya told her how Aditya tried to molest her. Saraswati is deeply moved seeing Navya vulnerable. "Aur tum logon ne uspe complaint kiye bhager ghar bhaag ke aayi gaye?" she asked Chandra Shekar.

"Aisa nahi hai! Unhone galat kaam hi tho kiya par agar main complain kiya tho Navya bhi problems mein fas jayegi. Isne bhi tho usse milne gaya na?" he said pointing at Navya. They all heard someone clapping and looked at the source. Shekawat Singh is clapping for them. "Tum ab kyu yaha aaye ho?" he asked. "Main yaha ab kyu hu main abhi bataunga par aap dono waha se aa gaye ye mujhe samaj mein nahi aaya?" Shekawat asked.