Chapter 66- The Crossroads

"But why are they doing this?" Ishitha asked worried about Mukti. "Mr. Sharma ki death case, inspite of what he said they are saying that how he is dead. They are saying that Mukti couldn't even diagnose his tumor, so they've said that she is unfit for the job" Raman said. "Aap ne kuch nahi kaha? How could they unsee all other previous surgeries and her achievements?" Ishitha questioned him.

"You think I've not tried to do it Ishitha! I told them about her capabilities but they said that I'm just supporting her because she is my daughter" Raman said sadly. "But you always gave fair chance to everyone. Even making Mukti asst. Dean was also board decision but why did they suddenly changed like this?" Ishitha said. "I don't know maine Manik ka naam suggest kiya tha Asst. Dean position ke liye but they said that even Manik had a failed surgery this week. I can't believe that they saw only the result and not his hard work" Raman sighed.

"Toh Phir? Kaun hai next Asst. Dean?" Ishitha asked puzzled as she know Raman wouldn't have suggested Abhimanyu's name as that would also make him feel low. "He will join hospital this week, Dr. Aditya Sinha" he said. "Hum Mukti ko ye kaise batayenge?" Ishitha is worried about her. "No, please let's not say it now. Shaadi ke baad aaram se baat karenge usse, till then kisiko bhi ye baat pata nahi chalna chahiye" Raman said.

"Kya pata nahi chalna chahiye?" Mukti entered the room with Mehndi on her hands. Ishitha wiped her tears before Mukti could see her. "Maa, kya hua? Why are you looking sad?" Mukti asked seeing Ishitha's face. "Kuch nahi beta" Raman tried to stop her but Mukti didn't listen. "Mom, meri bidaai kal hai, aaj se hi aap dono ek saath bait kar ro rahe hai? Come on, get ready aapko Mehndi nahi lagwani hai?" she took Ishitha out for applying Mehndi.

                                                                   ********************************************
"It's OK tum akeli mat aa jao, I will pick you up from home, don't worry" Manik said in the phone. Nyonika heard him talking over the phone. "I don't want to listen any excuse, I'm coming tomorrow morning no excuses accepted. Baba I'm there to take care of you now. Relax and kal subah ready rehna mummy papa ko drop karne ke baad, I will come to you bye" he hung up his phone and saw Nyonika.

''Mom, I've selected this sherwani for tomorrow, how's it?" he asked her. Nyonika is lost in her thoughts. "I'll go and get freshened up mujhe kahi jaana bhi hai" Manik said entering into his washroom. Nyonika saw Manik's mobile flashing Alya's number. She picked up the call. "Hello Manik" she spoke on the other side. "Hello" Nyonika replied. "Hi aunty, how are you?" she asked her. "I'm fine" Nyonika said. "Manik ne mujhe sab bataya but I've forgot to ask venue address for tomorrow. Can you ask him to message me the address aunty?" Alya asked. "Sure" Nyonika said and cut the call.

She was furious as Manik came out. "Tum abhi tak uss Alya se baat kar rahe ho?" she asked in an interrogative tone. "Ab kya kiya usne?" Manik asked casually. "Did you just promise her to pick up tomorrow morning? Really Manik!" Nyonika asked him. "Mom, did you eavesdrop while I'm talking over phone?" he asked standing still. "I didn't do it intentionally Manik, I just overheard when I'm entering" she clarified. "Mom, maine promise kiya tha pick up karne ko, but not Alya it was Nandini" he said.

''Nandini?" Nyonika asked him. "Yes, chacha chachi ko kisi urgent kaam se out of station jaana pada, she and Navya are staying tonight at their place. I insisted that I'll come and pick them up but no Nandini isn't listening to me. She said that they will come by cab" Manik explained. "Tho phir Alya ne call kyu kiya?" Nyonika asked him. "What did she say?" he asked her. "She asked you message the venue details and address" Nyonika said.

"Mom, please stop doubting on me. Yes I do care for Alya isliye maine uske liye ek driver rakha tha, and Nandini is my responsibility so I will go myself to get her. I know my priorities mom but that doesn't mean I will forget my responsibility. Alya is my responsibility and Nandini will always be my priority. Ye baat main pehle bol chuka hu aur ab phir se bol raha hu" Manik said to Nyonika.