Chapter 73- Trust Issues

Nyonika is astonished to see all the three of them together. She can understand what Nandini was feeling when she saw Manik and Alya together in his room. "Nandini, tum?" Manik's question made Alya turn towards Nandini but she chose not to interrupt him. "Aunty ne mujhe yaha bulaya" she looked at him sharply and asked, "tum kal aane wale tha na?". "Ha but kaam jaldi hua tho aaj hi aa gaya" he said and was about to say something but Nandini already left from there.

"Nandini, wait!" he ran behind her down the stairs. "Kyu? Aur kya bataoge ab ruk gayi tho?" she asked turning back. "What would I say? Tum yaha unexpectedly aayi ho tho main kya kahu?" Manik didn't understand why Nandini behaved so. "Oh so me being here is unexpected, so you were expecting Alya here" she pointed. "No I didn't mean it, Alya ko maine hi kaha ki wo yaha aakar uski reports le jaa sakti hai" he followed her till the exit.

"Wait, why are you leaving when I'm still talking to you?" he asked her. "You are here in Mumbai, I didn't even have any idea and suddenly your mom calls me to meet in the evening and she showed me Alya and you being together, then what should I do here?and...." she continued when he interrupted her. "Nandini, hold on. What are you saying? Why would mom do that?" Manik asked. "I never thought that this would happen when I see you" she accused him. "Nandini, tum har situation ke ek galat matlab mat nikalo, you are upset and let me drop you home" he said calmly. "Thanks for understanding and now that you know I'm upset please let me go" she said and left. Manik knew well that he could not stop her. He came inside to know what had happened exactly.

He saw Alya and Nyonika talking. "What was happening mom?" he said quite seriously. "Main aur Nandini French fries bana rahe the, Alya reports lene aayi thi yaha" she said. "Alya, did you take the reports?" he asked softly. "Hmm yeah" she said. "Come I'll drop you home" he offered. "No Manik, I have come with the driver, I'll go by myself, you go and rest" she said and he saw her off till the exit.

"Ye dono ek hi time par kaise mom?" he asked helplessly. "Maine hi bulaya dono ko" she said. "Why?" he asked. "Yesterday Alya called me and said she wanted to come home to take her reports, I went out so called her today to take them. Then in the afternoon you said you'll come by evening so I called Nandini" she stopped and he still looked at her. "tum dono ko surprise karne ke liye" she said in a low voice. "Lo kar diya na surprise" he said sitting there. "Kya hua? Kya kaha Nandini ne?" she asked.

''Mom, you don't know how Nandini reacts when I'm with Alya, she feels insecure with me. Ab wo soch rahi hai ki you called her just to show me and Alya together, she thinks that I wantedly not informed her that I'm coming today" Manik said angrily. "Aise kaise kaha Nandini ne, doesn't she know how much we love her, main aisa kyu karungi, wait I'll talk to her" Nyonika said picking up her phone. "Mom, please don't do that wo gussa ho kar chali gayi" Manik stopped his mother. Nyonika felt very sad for that unexpected incident and Manik felt he should not stress her. "Mom, please calm down. Kuch nahi hua hai, tum sirf Nandini ko ek friend ke jaise jaanti ho, uski gussa aur nakhre nahi. Just give her some time, tum dono ache friends ho na jab bachpan mein aise chote mote jagde ho jaye tho kya tumhare friends tumhe chodke chale gaye? Nahi na, Nandini bhi apni galti realize karegi and dekho wo tumse maafi bhi maangegi" Manik tried to calm her down.

Nyonika hugged Manik. "Thank you so much beta" she said. "Kyu?" he asked. "For everything" she replied and he smiled. "Chalo bookh lag rahi hai, tum dono friends mere liye jo fries banaya wo khayenge" he said and she stood there silently. "What! Won't you give me food till you and Nandini patch up? Should I get her to apologize you?" he joked with her. "Meri bahu ko tang mat karna, usse maafi maangne ki zarurat nahi hai, galti meri hi thi" she said. "Galti kisi ki bhi nahi, bas situations hi aise hai. Ab kya naya hua kuch, I don't know how always they come together into my life, jab bhi Nandini mere saath hai Alya humesha aayegi" he said. "Tho kya Alya kuch kar rahi thi?" Nyonika asked doubting on Alya. "So ab Alya ki galti ginn rahi ho mom! Remember you said you called her here today" Manik said. Manik had dinner and tried to talk to Nandini but she didn't answer his call.

He called her chachi. "Hi chachi" he spoke. "Hi Manik, kaise ho beta" she asked. "Ji chachi I'm good, Nandini waha nahi hai kya phone nahi utha rahi hai" he asked. "Oh so tum Nandini left liye phone kar rahe ho na! Wo apne chachu ke saath TV dekh rahi hai shayad phone uske paas nahi hai" she said and continued, "itni bhi kya jaldi hai kal aane ke baad aaram se milke baat karna". Manik understood that Nandini didn't tell anything at home and felt relieved. "Kuch important hai tho main usse bulaungi" she said. "No chachi I'll call her again waise bhi mujhe kuch kaam yaad aaya main usse kal baat karunga" Manik cut the call and decided to talk to her the next day.

                   ************************************************************
Navya heard the door bell early in the morning. "Itni subah kaun aaya hoga?" she wondered and opened the door to see Cabir. "Cabir?" she squealed. "Shh don't shout, aur ha ab main Cabir nahi Shekawat Singh hu" he reminded. "Par ab kyu aaye ho?" she asked. "Kyu matlab? I have a shift at 8 am so I came early today" he whispered and Chandra Shekar came there. "Kaun hai waha?" he asked. "Sir main Shekawat Singh sir" he said. "Oh tum andar aao" he said and Shekawat walked in and blinked at Navya. "Itni subah subah kyu aaye ho?" he asked.

"Ji mera shift aaj 8 am hai sir" he said. "Shift? Kya karte ho tum?" Chandra Shekar asked. "Ji main ek hospital mein compounder hu jaise mera duty timings waise main yaha aaunga" he requested to agree with him. "OK I understand. Tumhe books laane ki zarurat nahi hai, mere ghar mein medical entrance ki books already hai" he said. "Ha aap ne apni beti ko padhaya hoga na, sab kehte hai aap ek school teacher ho ke bhi apne beti ko medical entrance coaching diya aur wo ab ek doctor hai, isliye maine aap se coaching lene chahtha tha" Shekawat told. Chandra Shekar noticed Navya looking proudly at him. "Wo sab chodo aur padhai pe dhyaan do, tum ek compounder ho ke bhi itni shiddat se doctor banne chahthe ho tho isliye maine tumhe padhaane ki decision liya" Shekawat thanked him. Chandra Shekar helped him in solving the physics problems. Navya felt happy seeing her father being busy with what he loved to do. "Arre tumne ye sab kar liya good" he appreciated Shekawat and Navya got tea for both of them. Shekawat took the tea and Chandra Shekar looked at him sharply. "Maa ne kaha padhne ki waqt chai piya tho aur energy aayega" he said sheepishly and Chandra Shekar also took the cup to have a sip.

              *********************************************************
"Good morning Dr. Manik, happy to see you. By the way, how was the seminar?" Dr. Shrivastav asked Manik. "Good sir maine saare seminar ke summary aapko kal raat hi mail kiya" Manik replied. "Oh sorry I didn't see" Raman said that he will check it out and Manik left from there. His eyes searched for Nandini and there she is, in the cafeteria.

"Good morning Nandini" he sat in front of her getting a coffee for both of them. "Manik I'm sorry" she said before he could talk anything. "I knew it. I thought tum khud realize karogi but itni jaldi expect nahi kiya" he said and she suddenly stood up from her chair. "What happened?" he asked and she moved away and he followed her. "Nandini ab kya hua?" he asked.

''I've thought a lot Manik, but ye mujhse nahi ho raha hai. I don't know what's happening to me" she said in one go. "First you please calm down and sit here" they sat as they reached back of the cafeteria. "Mujhe tumhare personal decisions pe comment nahi karna chahiye tha, it's all your wish and you have all the right to chose who you love, it's OK if it is Alya too" she said with almost tears rolling down her cheeks. "Shut up pagal ho gayi ho? What are you even saying? I love you Nandini and I always will. Kal mom ne tumhe bulaya kyuki wo hum dono ko surprise karna chahthi thi, you don't know I was coming and neither I was expecting you, everything was planned by mom but Alya coming there was unexpected aur galti se hum dono ek hi jagah par the jab tum waha aayi thi" he explained. "I know Manik, aunty aisa nahi kar sakti thi but I couldn't bear the thought of you cheating on me" Nandini cried.

''Nandini, calm down" he hugged her. "I love you Manik, I love you so much that I can't even think of anyone else by your side, isliye tho maine humare baare mein kisi ko bhi nahi bola" she said. "What? How could you think of me like that? Do you think main tumhe chodke chali jaunga? And now I know that you don't even trust me enough to share something with me" he said. "Par Manik main" he stopped her. "You're disturbed Nandini, please calm down and yeah you've hurt me too" Manik said disappointed. "Main tumse thodi der baad milunga and please take of yourself, I'm just a call away for you always" he kissed her forehead.

Little did they know that someone is watching them.