Chapter 83- Blurred Vision

Mukti came out of the room and everyone waited for her. "Thank God Navya's blood matched with Nandini, Aryaman get the blood transfused quickly" she said and Aryaman, Navya went from there. "Abhimanyu, please get Manik out of here, koi isse aise dekh liya tho! Especially Dr. Aditya! We can't trust him" Mukti panicked. He dragged Mukti to another room. "Abhimanyu leave me, have you gone mad" she asked him. "That's what I exactly wanted to ask you, why did you lie with everyone outside?" he asked her.

"Then what do you want me to do? Navya said that her parents were not even in the city to contact them, we can't call them now. It's one amongst us who is craving for her life and I can't take it for granted" she said. "Uske parents ko nahi bata rahe hai but why are we lying to ourselves" Abhimanyu asked. "Because I didn't had the courage to say the truth, Manik ko bhi yeh pata hai, he didn't enter inside as he too was scared" Mukti said.

''Aisa kya hua Nandini ko?" Cabir who overheard them asked her. Mukti was speechless at his question. "Cabir wo kuch nahi hai" Abhimanyu tried to convince him but Cabir didn't budge. "Please tell me about her please ma'am I beg you" Cabir asked her. "Nandini's blood is not clotting, uske liye ek surgery karna hai" Mukti said. "So please do it urgently, uske chacha chachi yaha nahi hai and we can't take the risk by waiting for them" Cabir said.

''That's not easy Cabir" Abhimanyu said. "Do you remember Nihal? The kid who died in our hospital after we had experimented a new surgery, it's the same case with Nandini now" she said. "But Nandini ko koi tumor nahi hai, it was just an accident like all others we deal with" Cabir said being optimistic. "No Cabir, I thought the same, on our way also Manik tried to stop the blood loss and he tried to talk to her. We thought he was successful in keeping her awake but here we saw bleeding from her ears as well. You know how is it right? The chances of success are rare" Mukti explained him.

''But you said Nihal was too young to take all that but Nandini isn't a kid, we can operate on her so please continue ma'am" Cabir pleaded her. "Yes, it's not like Nandini will die if the surgery fails but I'm scared that she will slip into coma" Mukti expressed her fear. "And I can't do this alone, I have never done this. I need Manik's help as a Dean and as a neurologist too. Ab Manik kisi se baat tak nahi kar raha hai" Mukti said.

"No we can't involve him Mukti, he isn't capable of doing it now, that too without her parents consent and no official order from Dean" Abhimanyu worried. "Par hum aise haath pe haath rakh kar bhi nahi baith sakte hai" Cabir said. "Yes Mukti, we should do something faster" Abhimanyu said.

                                                      ***********************************
"Manik, please mere baat suno, Nandini ki condition ab theek nahi hai, you must take the charge now" Abhimanyu told Manik. He didn't answer. "For how long you will sit like this Manik, Nandini will die if you don't help her" Abhimanyu said as he was irritated with Manik being silent since he came to hospital. Manik slapped him hard as he heard Abhimanyu. "Manik!" he was shocked to core.

"I'm, I'm so sorry" Abhimanyu was quick to apologize. Manik hugged him and cried like a baby. "Nandini! I love her so much Abhi, I don't want to lose her please save her" Manik said as he joined hands to save her. "It's in your hands Manik, Mukti is seeing her, but you know how complicated the case is" Abhimanyu said. "No I don't want to kill her, I have killed Nihal with these hands but I can't" Manik was scared when he thought of her. Cabir told everyone about Nandini.

They came to seek Manik's help. "Manik, there's no other way please help us, save Nandini. Moreover you are the Dean now, tumhare presence ke bina kaise kar sakte hai hum" they asked him. "If that Aditya know about it, he will not let Manik inside" Mukti says worried. "But he doesn't know that how Manik and Nandini are related" Abhimanyu clarified her doubt. He understands that Mukti is greatly affected by Aditya and his ways.