Chapter 76- 4 Months Later

"Can I talk to you now or have you found a new excuse to not talk today" Manik couldn't answer it. "No dad, main koi excuses nahi de raha tha main sach mein busy hu" he lied conviniently. "Manik you don't even know how to lie! I know how busy can you be. Main tera baap hu and I'm a doctor too, tum busy ho sakte ho par itna bhi nahi ki tum apne mom dad se baat nahi kar paate ho" he said and Manik is caught.

"Kya baat karna hai dad? OK tell me this, I will talk to mom and will you make her talk to me?" now it's his dad turn to be silent. "Mom mujhse baat tak nahi karti hai dad" he complained. "It's already 2 months Manik since you've left her then how do you expect her to talk" he asked Manik. "Maa kaisi hai?" Manik asked him. "Theek hai" he silently answered. "Dad I'm really busy now, please I'll call you later, I promise" Manik cut the call.

"Dr. Manik, Chief had called you urgently" nurse told him to meet his Chief. "OK I'll be there" he told as he left his cabin. "Dr. Manik! Hey Good morning, I would like to ask you if you could extend help for us here, you are a gem Dr. Manik and the pride will be ours to have you here" he said and Manik is elated to hear him. "Thanks Dr. Richard, I would love to continue with you, it's really a short time but I've overwhelmed with your feedback and thank you so much" he said. "Then I will ask Dr. Shrivastav to retain you here" he said and Manik thought of his hospital.

It's been 2 months since he moved to New York. He had willingly taken up the offer which he himself turned down. Dr. Shrivastav was happy for Manik's career but always thinks that he had to leave Lifeline hospital for New York. Manik had no problem in adjusting there as he was working there before he joined Lifeline. But Nyonika was the one who suffered because of this decision of Manik. She didn't talk to him after that and Manik's dad had to retire to take care of Nyonika.

                                            ************************************
"Kaise banaya?" Navya asked as Chandra Shekar tasted Gulab jamun made by her. "Zyada meetha hai na" he asked Shekawat. "Tumko tho har baat pe kisi na kisi complain hoti hai" Saraswati whined looking at him. "It's OK next time, I'll add less sugar" Navya said disappointed. "Navya ji sirf Shekar sir ke cup mein hi sugar kam daalna hume koi diabetes nahi hai" Shekawat said. "Mujhe kya diabetes hai? Lo main ek cup aur khaunga" he said another bowl of the dessert. "Isko pataane ka trick tho sirf tum hi jaante ho" Saraswati said to Shekawat patting his back.

"Yeah yeah he always tricks me, but ye tricks entrance exam mein kaam nahi karega" Shekar said. "Uske liye bhi tricks hai sir, study tips. Dessert kaisa tha?" he asked. "So sweet just like my Navya" he said as he kissed Navya's forehead. "OK sir, I will leave for now, Saraswati madam aap aaogi kya main aapko drop karu?" he asked her. "Nahi tum Navya ko drop karo hospital, aaj uska night shift hai, I'll take a cab" she said. "Ha Navya ji aap jaldi thayyar hoke aa jaayiye" he said and Navya went in. He took his bike keys and went out to wait for her.

''Kitni der kar diya Navya tu ne? Thank God aunty ne bola ki tumhe drop karna hai warna aaj Aditya ke haath mein mar jaata tha" Cabir said pulling out his fake beard and mustache. "Cabir, you aren't taking it seriously" Navya said. "Seriously le raha hu na isliye tho Aditya ke duty mein time se pahunchna chahtha hu" he said hastily. "Wo nahi, aur kitne din aise Shekawat banke ghar aaoge? At some point of time, papa ko batana hai na" she said. "I didn't think of it Navya waise bhi entrance exam bhi 1 week mein hai and I don't know how he will react if he get to know that I won't attend it. We'll talk about it later, go now" he said.

"Nandini!" Navya called her. "Ghar jaa rahi ho?" Navya asked her. "Ha I'm waiting for Aryaman to drop me" she said. "Kuch baat hui?" Navya asked. "Nahi and I don't want to disturb her if she doesn't want to talk" Nandini said. "Aisa kya hua Nyonika aunty tumse baat nahi karna chahthi hai? Achanak Manik sir kyu New York chale gaye?" Navya wondered. "Mujhe kya pata hai Navya, aunty mujhse baat nahi karti hai and I don't know why Manik sir left, maybe that's why she is sick now" Nandini said. "Ha please Nandini you don't feel bad for her, she is fine and is recovering slowly" Navya said. "Take care of her Navya, kab discharge honewali hai?" she asked about Nyonika. "Pata nahi she is under observation yet" Navya told. "OK bye mujhe jaana hai aunty ke paas" Navya said and left.