Chapter 28- The Savior

He searched for the gift in the counter where he had placed it. He searched everywhere in the reception but couldn't find it. He asked one of the receptionist, "excuse me, did you see a parcel here, I have just placed it in the counter before leaving to pediatric ward" he asked her. "No doctor, is it something important? May I know what is it?" she asked so that she could ask someone to help him. "Yes, it has.." he was about to say but didn't feel like saying thinking about Nandini. "Nothing important" he said and left from there annoyed.

He is disappointed and saw Alya and Abhimanyu coming towards him. "Hey Manik! What's up?" Abhimanyu asked him. "You said you are taking an off today, aunty ka birthday hai na?" Alya asked him. "Koi emergency tha kya?" Abhimanyu asked and Manik nodded in yes without talking anything. "Abhimanyu, you're gonna drop me today home right?" she asked him. "Sorry Alya, I know I have promised you but I got an emergency, Manik, can you drop Alya home?" he asked as he remembered that he has to be with Raman, Ishitha and Ruhi.

"Yeah sure" he said. "Alya, get your discharge sheets filled as early as possible, we need to go soon" he said disheartened. Aryaman, Cabir and Navya talked to Nandini. "Nandini, we're sorry please hume maaf karo na" Cabir asked with a puppy face. "How can I be angry for so long on you guys, you know me?" she smiled. "Nandini ne smile kiya matlab hume maafi mil gaye" Navya said. "Ab tum aa sakti ho madam" Aryaman said and everyone looked at the door and Sanju came out.

"I said na, she will definitely forgive you" Nandini looked at her confused. "Hi, I'm Sanjana" she introduced herself and Nandini widened her eyes. "I'm Aryaman's friend" she continued. "FRIEND?" Nandini stressed on the word. "Arre yaar, ye humara trustee Sanjana hai, wahi jo Mukti ma'am ne bola, she also helped in arranging your birthday and she also told that you'll talk to us" he said. "It's okay Aryaman, I didn't ask anything" they all laughed seeing Aryaman. Sanjana felt embarrassed and changed the topic. "Nandini, ye lo" she handed a box to her. "Tumne Nandini ke liye gift bhi layi hai" Cabir asked Sanjana. "Don't tell me that you went out" Aryaman asked scared. "No, I didn't get that, ye waha reception mein pada hua hai, tumhara naam likha hua hai, so I got it" she said.

"Gift aisa kaun deta hai?" Navya wondered. "I know tumhi ho na ye gift laya meri liye" Nandini asked them. "No Nandini, humse tum gifts expect kar rahi ho? Hum gareeb log hai, tum party do bas khayenge piyenge but gifts nahi denge" Cabir joked. "Nandini, no we didn't get this, both the boys were with me since morning they didn't buy anything, I swear" she said. "Sanju ye tum hi layi ho na?" Aryaman asked. "Guys, I saw this box in the reception it fell down and everyone was in haste. I thought of putting it there but Nandini's name was there so I got here" she said.

Alya, Abhimanyu and Manik came to common room. "Hey everyone" Alya greeted. "I'm getting discharged today" she announced. "Chalo hum ye reception mein hi rakhenge, pata nahi kiske liye tha ye?" Nandini said. "Why are you keeping this in reception" Alya asked her. "Huh, Sanjana found this pack fell down at the reception, she got it from there." Nandini said to Alya and Manik widened his eyes in horror. "So Sanjana was the one who got my gift here! How it might have fell down" he thought but didn't let anyone know. "So why are you keeping it back? Jo bhi diya hoga its for you" Manik interfered and said. "But I don't know what's in this? not even I know if it is for me" she said.

"Oh god! Main isse kaise samjhao?" he thought. "First open it, isme kya hoga hum dekhlenge, maybe we can find out who gave it" Abhimanyu suggested. "Chalo, pehli baar tum mujhe help kiya anjaane mein hi sahi" Manik thought and smiled himself. Nandini teared the wrapper. "Dheere se Nandini, there might be a bomb" Cabir said. "Ha, tum log tho most wanted ho na, koi bomb kyu lagayenge" Sanju said. "Cabir, please yeah, mujhe mat darao" Nandini is also little scared seeing the mysterious gift. Manik wished that she should like the gift. She opened the box and found something soft.