Chapter 5- Past Never Leaves

''Nandu beta utho, tumhe jaldi jaana hai na'' her chachi woke her up. ''Chachi, sone de na please'' she pulled the duvet upon her again. ''But you said you should go early today, koi surgery tha na''. Nandini immediately sat upright on the bed. ''Oh God, I completely forgot'', she quickly took her clothes and rushed to washroom. ''Chacha uth gaya na!'' she shouted from the washroom. 

''Ha ready bhi ho gaya'' her chachi told her. Nandini put on her eyeliner and applied cream. She is ready to leave. Her chacha dropped her to hospital while she dozed off. ''Nandu beta utho, hospital aaya'' she woke up and went in. She changed into her apron and went to her duty. She gave an injection to Shanaya because of which surgery is delayed. She arranged the OT by the time Manik came.  

Manik came to OT and saw all the arrangements are done. He checked everything and talked to Shanaya. ''Be confident and smile'' he smiled at her and she was given anesthesia. ''Stella, is everything ready?'' Manik asked ignoring Nandini while she equally ignored her. 

He cleaned his hands and wore gloves. He blocked Nandini's way and she gave a sharp look. ''You wait outside, I'll call you later'' he turned to Nandini and said. ''But sir, everything is set'' she said casually. 

''I want nothing to go wrong here, and most importantly I don't want sleepy heads her, so just leave'' he said. Nandini reluctantly left from there as he turned away from her. 

''When he already made up his mind to not let me inside, why did he asked me to come this early in the morning, Ayyappa main kaha phas gayi'' she talked to herself. 

Mukti entered her dad's room. She hugged him from behind. ''Happy birthday dad'' she said and he hugged her back. ''Thank you so much beta'' he was overwhelmed that she wished him. ''Dad, mujhe kabhi maa ka pyaar nahi mila, please don't push me away, I need you in my life dad'' she said. ''Mukti, I'm always with you, no matter what'' he cheered her up. ''Come now, I've made your favorite breakfast'' she said and dragged him to have breakfast with him.

''Yeah, let me freshen up first, I'll join you in a while'' he said. ''Ok, I'll be waiting'' she said. Raman called someone, ''Mukti had come to wish me, so I had to cut your call'' he said apologetically. ''Koi nahi, Happy birthday Raman'' his face lit again. This was his dose of happiness other than Mukti.

Nandini waited outside until the surgery is completed. She informed Vansh about the surgery. ''Why you are all forcing my son to accept that bad luck into his life again'' Vansh's mom taunted Nandini. ''Mom, please I can do anything for you, but don't ask me to leave her'' Vansh tried to explain her. ''Aunty ji, you love your son so much, but why couldn't you see that he loves Shanaya too''. His mom left from there and he thanks Nandini. 

Nandini saw Navya, Cabir and Aryaman having coffee together. Navya offered a cup of coffee when she saw Nandini. ''Hi, good morning'' Nandini wished them. ''Nandini, I thought hum ache friends hai, but why did you do this?'' Cabir asked all of a sudden and she had no clue about what he was saying. ''Ab maine kya kiya Cabir'' she asked him. ''Tumne hume bataya hi nahi ki Dr. Manik humare jiju hai'' hearing his name annoyed her. ''Shut up Cabir, it will never happen'' she said enjoying her coffee. ''What's wrong with him, he is so hot, handsome and most eligible bachelor too, most important, he is good at heart too'' Cabir listed the good qualities of Manik.

''Good at heart, my foot, he is a monster. Ask Navya and Aryaman how he troubled me yesterday. Even today he asked me to get out of the OT'' she said. ''Yeah, I heard from them too, aisa hota hai kabhi kabhi, but you, Cabir ki baat maano aur chill maro balika'' he said. ''Chill baad mein but I have to leave now, bye'' she said and got up to leave. ''Oh Manik ke paas jaane ke liye itni jaldi, ok go he must be waiting'' how can Cabir miss a chance to tease Nandini when he got to know about them now. Nandini left from there ignoring Cabir.