Chapter 19- Possessive

Nandini is shocked at Manik's behavior. She said that she will leave and took a cab to her home. Mukti went to see Abhimanyu who is unconscious. She caresses his hand to which he woke up. He sees Mukti beside him.

"Mukti tum?" he asked her and she asked him to lay back. "Don't get up you need rest" she gave him the trophy he received. "You didn't attend the award ceremony just to go with me na" she asked him.

"It was not really important Mukti" he sighed and added, "I shouldn't have forced you Mukti I'm sorry" he apologized. "Sorry tho mujhe kehna hai but I never had any friends to share my feelings with them" she told him. "I won't force you Mukti if you think I deserve to know I will be just a call away and I promise I won't interfere in your personal life" he assured her with a smile.

"My dad had an affair Abhimanyu and because of him my mom committed suicide" she said in one go. She would have been broken up if she had stopped in the middle. "Ye sab wo ishitha ke wajhe se hi hua" she cried.

"I can't believe it Mukti" he had already heard about Raman and Ishitha but never did he thought that they are the reason for Mukti's behavior and her depression. "You know Abhimanyu, in her last days mom was very depressed she didn't even took care of me, she always used to fight with dad. I didn't even understood at that time but she committed suicide" Abhimanyu felt genuinely concerned for her and consoled.

Nandini took a cab and reached home. "Madam yaha road kharab hai" the driver said as he reached near her home. "It's okay bhayya I will walk down from here" Nandini got down from the cab and walked along. She heard sounds and looked back. She found no one. She saw a shadow behind her and trembled in fear.

She sweats profusely and is actually scared to look back. She heard the foot steps coming towards her. She jerked when a strong hand is placed on her shoulder. "Nandini" Manik called her. She took a heavy breathe as she saw him.

"Aap yaha?" she asked him wondered. "I know tum darpok ho I had to come to ensure that you reached home safe or else you'll complain again that it's because of me" he complained and this irked her more. "Main darpok nahi hu, and I don't complain especially about you" she went home without looking back at him. Manik waited till she went home. He returned back after that.

Next morning, Alya waited for Manik to come to hospital. She is on cloud nine after Manik asked her to be friends with him. "Manik" she rushed to greet him. "Hey, good morning" he wished her back pleasantly. She went short of words and didn't know what to talk to him.

"I've made many plans to talk to you but when the time has actually come, I'm short of words" she blushed tomato red. Manik is about to say something and Nandini came there. "Sir, may I come in" Alya got irritated as she saw Nandini standing near his cabin. "Come in" Manik sighed and she gave a case report to him.

"Sir, patient name is Vibha, presented to us with non malignant tumor and has no medical allergies" she said and he read the file. "Vibha" he looked at Alya and she raised her brows. "This might not be our Vibha" Alya understood what he meant.

''Nandini, where is she?" he asked her. "Room no. 106" she said and he went to her. "Why did you always interrupt us?" Alya asked Nandini irritated. "Alya, I came here because I had my work" Nandini left from there without listening to Alya.

"V" Vibha turned to see the source of the voice who called her as V. "Manik" she exclaimed in joy. "Yes, miss. Vibha Chakravarty, what may I do for you" he winked at her. Nandini came there and saw Vibha and Manik talking to each other. "Doctor, Manik hai" she introduced him to Nandini. "She is Dr. Nandini Murthy, junior doctor and I'm your Dr. Manik Malhotra" he cleared Vibha's doubt.

Nandini understood that she is Manik's close friend. "Nandini, this is Dr. Vibha Chakravarty, orthopaedic surgeon based in Delhi, she was my best friend in college back then" he introduced her to Nandini. She smiled at her. "College ke baad kaha gayab ho gayi no phone calls and no texts, it's good that someone had told me that you became orthopaedic in Delhi" he asked her. "Where's Alya Manik?" Manik went blank and Nandini got surprised.