Chapter 40- The Medical Camp

Nandini widened her eyes. "I mean if you don't understand me, misunderstandings badh jayega and you might think that I've still not moved on from Alya, you will ask mom to accept Alya again and she will force me" Manik made a lame excuse that not only him but Nandini found it lame. "You mean to say that I will tell aunty about Alya so you thought you should explain me" she asked him and he has no answer again. "Yaar tu mera har baat ki alag meaning kyu leti ho? Just relax, sleep its already late" he murmured as everyone is deep in sleep.

"Wahi tho, mujhe neend nahi aa rahi hai" she said. "Oh finally we're on same page, cheers even I don't feel like sleeping" he said. "Main ek baat puchu?" she asked. "Ek baat! tum toh humesha kisi na kisi question puchti rehti ho" he said but that couldn't stop her from asking. "Agar aap Alya se move on ho chuka hai tho uss din mujhe kyu reject kiya?" she asked and this brought smile on his face. "Seriously you are asking me this! You rejected me Nandini" he reminded her. "Yeah I know I did that but you told me na that you were also about to say the same" she said. "Tho, what else I have as an option? You already said no and if I say that I would have married you if you said yes, will you not make fun of me?" he asked.

"Don't tell me that you are embarrassed that day because of me, I feel guilty now" she said. "Of course, tumhe guilty hona bhi chahiye, you didn't even listen to me that day, what did you call me? Mumma's boy" he made a face. "Wo tho aap hai na" she laughed at him. "Aur wo salty carrot halwa, you commented on my dress too, you were really rude that day, aise tho tum Siddharth ke saath nahi behave karti ho na" he said and Nandini stopped laughing at him. "Are you serious?" she asked him. "Of course I was!" he said not realizing what she asked. She didn't know what to say.

She plugged in her earphones and played her favorite playlist and closed her eyes. Cool breeze touched her face and she tucked her baby hair behind the ear. He felt bored and took out an ear phone for one of her ears. "Let me hear too" he asked for the ear phone. "Ye songs virtual songs hai, you need to hear with both ear phones on" she said. "Oh in that case Nandini, you should agree to get married, after all these ear phones needed to be paired and why not you, kya pata tumhara life partner bhi virtually tumhe support karega" he said. "Kya bola aapne?" she made a confused face but laughed again.

"I've never heard that Dr. Manik Malhotra is good at neuro surgeries but too bad on cheesy lines" she said. "So what are you good at?" he asked. "Sleeping but ironically I don't feel like sleeping now" she bit her lower lip. "Do you mean that I should say yes to Siddharth?" she asked him. "No I didn't mean that, you take your own time" he choked on the water while drinking. She patted on his head to help him. "Siddharth acha ladka hai, he understands me and chacha and chachi also liked him, but I don't feel the connection with him" she said. "What connection?" he asked curiously.

"That feeling can't be expressed jaise ki you feel special whenever you are around them, you feel like butterflies in the stomach, feeling safe and secure like you're home, their intimacy will make you shiver, you want to live all your life with them, like your world stopped when you are with them. They should mean the world to us" she said with sparkling eyes. "Inme se kitne criteria hai Siddharth mein?" he asked and she narrowed her eyes at him. "Ok lets be practical, I never felt that way with Alya too" he said honestly. "So that mean you never loved her" she said simply.

He laughed at her. "Seriously Nandini!" he controlled his laughter. "Did you ever felt insecure about Alya? Have your ever felt sad these days when she is around you almost all the time? How could you break up with her for obviously no reason I can really see! I mean she realized her mistake, you should have accepted her back, but you instead took her sister's help to break up with her, you didn't give her a second chance, trust should be earned Manik, there's your fault too, when she did not trust you, both of you might have not each other so much that you never trusted each other" she said in an outburst. Reality had hit Manik so hard as he knew most of the answers would be no.