Chapter 89- Alliance for Manik

"Manik, where are you going tomorrow with aunty?" Nandini asked. "I don't know, it's mom's decision" Manik said as he caressed her hair. "Should I join you tomorrow? I would come without her notice" Nandini asked. "Ye chup chup ka khel, sneak out sneak in khelna kab seekh liya tu ne! No you should not come tomorrow, I will be with mom and it would be almost a threat to me, please aise mat karna" he said concerned. "Kyunki aise acts sirf experts aur professionals karte hai ya unki supervision mein and I'm an expert you're not" Manik joked. "Please mujhe bhi aane do" she requested but Manik didn't budge. They both fell fast asleep. Nandini woke up when her alarm rang.

She got up and dressed herself. She couldn't resist herself from kissing her husband as she saw him sleep peacefully beside her. She then woke him up, "Manik, wake up its 4:30 am, 5 baje chacha uth jayega, isse pehle you go" she said waking him. He was awake but didn't feel like getting up. "Kuch der sone de mujhe" he said sleepy. "Even I don't want you to leave but please understand" she said and Manik got up. He saw his shirt lying on the study table. "Give that shirt, I'll leave" he asked. "No I will keep it as a memory from last night" she said blushing. "Then how I'm I supposed to go out! Shirtless!" he asked. "Ok, now you wear it and go but then return this to me, I will keep it forever" she said. "Very soon, we both will keep it as our memory" he said and kissed her. He got ready and she helped him to leave. She then unlocked chacha's room.

                                                   ***************************************
Manik went home and Nyonika was waiting for him. "Mom, you got up so early!" Manik said as he entered. "Tum issi time ghar aa rahe ho na" she said. "Sorry mom, mujhe thoda kaam hai" Manik said. "Kahi aisa na ho ki tum apne patients ko treat karte karte tum khud patient ban jao" Nyonika said and Manik hugged her. "Sorry bol diya na maa" he said. "Very happy birthday beta" she said patting his back. "Tum kuch naya perfume use kar rahe ho kya!" she asked aa she sniffed Nandini's scent from his shirt. Manik remembered Nandini wearing his shirt. A smile crept on his face but he made sure his mom doesn't notice it.

"Ok jaldi se ready ho jao, hum kahi baahar jayenge" Manik said. "No Manik you take rest, waise bhi mujhe kuch time lagega, I have a surprise for you" she said happily. She went off from there. "Tere liye bhi ek surprise hai mom, my wedding news, I hope you don't get anxious when I tell it to you. I love you mom, but Nandini need me at this time, please forgive me" Manik said to himself. He slept as soon as he went to his room. He woke up with Nandini's call. "Good morning wifey!" he said. "Manik, I'm afraid!" she sounded nervous. Manik suddenly woke up from his bed. "What happened, are you Ok?" he asked concerned. "I'm OK but" she hesitated to speak. "Tell me what is it?" he asked. "What if I get pregnant for last night! We really didn't do it intentionally right" she asked innocently. "Mere birthday ka return gift samajke rakh lena, simple" he said. "Don't joke Manik, I'm serious" she said. "I'm not joking Nandini, shaadi ke baad bachche hoga hi na, isme joke kya hai!" he made it obvious. "But we didn't plan for a baby" she said. "It was just yesterday you were crying about the safety of our baby, I thought you love to have a baby" Manik said and she was silent.

"Kya hua Nandini" he asked. He could hear her muffled voice. "Hey Nandini, I was just kidding, I'm sorry, I know we aren't planning her baby" Manik didn't want to tease her anymore. "Should I take a pill now?" she sounded disturbed. "No need, first you be cool and calm. You don't need to take any birth control pills as you are on one of your safe days so you need not worry about it. Kal raat jo bhi hua wo sirf pyaar tha aur kuch nahi. I promise I won't ever make you regret anything" he assured her. "How did you know about my safe days?" she asked figuring out Manik was true and she need not worry. "Tumhe kya laga! Do I only know you if you say something to me? Main tumhe tumse zyada jaanta hu, you likes, dislikes, happiness, sorrow, mood swings and everything. I know you completely, Manik aur Nandini do insaan nahi hai, MaNan sirf ek dil aur ek dhadkan hai. I will love you till my last breath" Nandini was moved by his love towards her.