Chapter 46- It's time to Party

Manik couldn't take what he had just seen. He felt sad and miserable. "Manik tum kab aaye ho?" Nandini's chachi asked as he saw him. "Hi Chachi, mom thought Siddharth might want me here so I came but I saw them talking so I'm leaving" Manik said as he wanted to leave. "Aise kaise jayega tu, have some laddu" she offered laddus to him. "No chachi I'm good" he said and was about to leave and Siddharth came there.

"Manik, you here!" Siddharth asked him. He was unable to see them together. He looked at Nandini who seemed to ignore him. "Yeah I thought I should be with you, you might need me but good to see you comfortable here" Manik forced a fake smile. "Yeah I'm comfortable here. Nandini, aunty and uncle are very friendly" he said to Manik and looked at Nandini.

"OK I'm leaving mujhe kuch kaam hai" Manik excused himself. "Yeah, I'm leaving too" Siddharth said. "No, I'm leaving for hospital, you go home" he said, "when you wish" and eyed at Nandini. He didn't wait for a second and left from there. "Nandini, how could you do this to me" he fumed in anger as he reached home. He didn't talked to Nyonika. "Manik, is everything alright?" she asked seeing him in such a condition.

"Kuch nahi mom" even though he lied she could see through his eyes that he isn't OK. "Manik I don't know kya hua but remember you are strong enough to handle it" her words hit him. He slept in her lap and wanted to take out his pain. "Ab tho Siddharth kush hua hoga na!" he said to her. She caressed his back. "Say it mom, who would you like to see Nandini with? Me or Siddharth?" his question startled her.

"What are you asking Manik?" she wished what she was thinking is not true. "Do you think Siddharth is better than me for Nandini?" he asked her. "Ye kaise baatein kar rahe ho?" she asked. "Why did she has to chose him over me mom, am I that bad, she said she hates me" Nyonika now knew what Manik was going through.

"No Manik, mere liye humesha tu hi best ho" she said. "But mom then you chose Siddharth for Nandini and she actually believes that he is better than me for her, how could she do that mom" he said and cried like a child. He quickly wipes off his face and stood straight. "I'm sorry mom. I don't know mujhe kya hua but I feel so low when she said she hates me. I feel sad when she chose someone else over me. But isme Nandini ki galti nahi hai, she has the right to chose her life" he said to Nyonika.

"Manik, do you like Nandini?" Nyonika asked him. "No mom, ab tho ye discuss karna acha nahi hoga, hum dono ke liye and un dono ke liye bhi" he said. "Beta, I'm sorry how could I not see my son's happiness. I thought you don't have such an opinion on Nandini. So I thought of getting her married to Siddharth but if I had known that you love her, I would be the most happiest on earth" she apologized Manik.

"Mom please don't blame yourself. Tumhari koi galti nahi hai and I don't love Nandini, it was just a phase and it will pass soon. You believed that I'm strong enough and please aage bhi believe in me mom" he tried to console her who thought she messed up his life. "Nahi Manik, you love her. I couldn't see that and if you want I will talk to Siddharth and Nandini, let me correct myself" she said taking her phone.

"Mom you will not do anything like that, promise me" he was stubborn and made her promise. "Mom, you were not wrong. I don't know when did I realized that I like her, but she doesn't love me. It's just that I liked her but aisa nahi hai ki I love her and can't live without her, it's okay and please don't ever do that and blame yourself" he said to her. "But Manik" he cut her off. "I wasn't here for a week now so let's go out" he asked her to get ready to go out.

                                                                          *************************
"Hi dad, you called me?" Mukti asked Raman. "Yes Mukti, you asked for the party after your mom's recovery, so I called you here" he said. "Yes dad, party se zyada mujhe sab ko dikhana hai that I have a normal family and I'm happy now" she hugged him. "Love you beta and yes I always want you to be happy" he kissed her forehead.