Chapter 35- The Secret Mission

"Navya, I can't believe it" Cabir is shocked. "Even I couldn't believe when it happened Cabir" she said sadly. "Were you forced into this marriage? Kisne force kiya" Cabir asked with concern. "No Cabir, I still regret that decision of mine" she said. "Kya hua Navya?" Cabir wanted to know what happened with her. "My dad is a school principal and a physics teacher, I was fascinated in science because of him and then he wanted to see me as a doctor. I got good grades and selected a medical college. Like every other medical aspirant, I also joined there with many dreams and ambitions but like every other college there were seniors to rag and then I saw Harshad" Navya continued.

"Hello miss, can't you see your seniors sitting here" he asked. "Sorry sir, Good morning" Navya said. "Aise nahi, you should bow in front of us" a guy made her bow. "Now, kiss me" Navya looked at him horrified. "Yes, you heard me right, kiss me" Harshad asked her and one of his friends pushed her towards Harshad. Navya slaps Harshad hard on his face while he closes his eyes in the anticipation of kiss from her. Everyone looks at them and Navya warns Harshad.

"That was our first meeting Cabir" she said. "Wow, what a romantic encounter with your husband" he joked. "Within two days, it was took to principal's notice and soon an anti-ragging squad was formed in the college. Harshad himself had apologized me in front of the whole college. Later he said he wanted to change and we became good friends. Harshad topped the college that year. After we wrote exams, Harshad came home one day and he proposed me. Unfortunately, papa ne sab dekh liya, he beat Harshad and warned against meeting me" she said.

"What did you say? How did you met him, holidays na?" Cabir asked. "Yes, I went to temple one day and Harshad came there. He pleaded me and asked me to marry him. I was hell confused on how to convince him that was wrong but he didn't hear me. He tried to kill himself and then I accepted to marry him. We got married on same day and we went to my parents" she said. "Ek dumki dene se tumne usse shaadi kiya?" Cabir wondered. "Papa was very angry and he slapped me, he asked Harshad to get out. Papa didn't hear anything I told and he beat Harshad. This made Harshad very angry, both of them got into fight. Papa said that Navya is dead for them and Harshad took me with him. Unlike my parents, his parents received us well. They allowed me to study. After college reopening, we went to college normally. But Harshad is not the same one before, he is now addicted to smoking and drinking. He used to go to bike races and even consumed drugs sometimes. In spite of repeated warnings from his parents he continued to do the same. Instead he used to abuse me thinking that I have been complaining on him. He lost his reputation at college, among his friends and at home. He met with an accident when he went for bike racing and died after few days" Navya said while a lone tear escaped.

"Have you not gone back to your parents?" Cabir asked. "I went back, not once several times after his death, but I was always welcomed with insults and nothing else. Even Harshad's parents were insulted by my dad. They accepted me as their daughter and they wanted me to fulfil their dream of making their child a doctor. That was their only wish they asked me for. I studied hard and here I'm in front of you today" she said. "How did your parents come now?" Cabir asked. "After they knew that I've joined here as a doctor, they came home one day and asked me to come back to them. I didn't want to go leaving Harshad's parents alone. They helped me a lot and seeing their son in me, since then maa used to call me very often but then she called last night to say that dad met with accident" she said crying. Cabir tried to calm her down. "You're lucky that he is actually dead, warna tum life mein kabhi doctor nahi ban paogi. He just took his revenge just by marrying you" Cabir said. He saw Navya crying doesn't want to argue with her. "Acha ok, you be here, on duty nahi tho off duty, I will help you sneak in when Raman sir or Manik sir isn't here" he said.

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * ************************************************

Abhimanyu got a call from reception. "Sir, you got a letter" they informed. Abhi went to collect it from reception and took it. He read it and called his lawyer. "Sir, what the hell is this? I can't stay in my own house! I can't believe it" he shouted on his lawyer. "Abhimanyu, I don't have an option, you have to bear with this" he suggested and Abhimanyu cut the call. "This is going high with each day" he thought and wondered where will he live now. He tried to contact a few house brokers but none of them could help him. "Abhi, are you okay?" Raman asked Abhimanyu who saw him worried. "Yes sir, I'm fine" Abhi lied. "No you don't look like you are" Raman asked him. "Yes sir, just a silly issue" he just made an excuse. "Ok but please tell me if you need any help" Raman said and Abhimanyu was glad that Raman didn't knew about it.