12 | Caught In The Night

DIANA
***

The club pulsed with frantic energy. A symphony of cigar smoke and booze hung in the air, while neon lights cast a glow on the half-naked sea of dancers. Ana and I navigated through the sea of bodies, making our way to the bar where the atmosphere crackled with excitement.

"Ana, come on, let's get a couple of drinks," She suggested, her voice somewhat lost in the throbbing beat of the music.

At the bar, the bartender slid four shots of tequila our way. "It's on the house," he declared, his eyes raking over our tightly fitted dresses.

Clinking glasses, Ana and I downed the tequila, savoring the burn that came with it. Already feeling the after-effects of the tequila, I pulled Isabella into the dance floor.

Despite all the guys that tried to dance with us, we only danced against one another.

Occasionally Isabella would leave to bring more drinks on the dance floor, adding to the haze of the night. Amid the bright neon lights and rhythmic beats, we lost ourselves in the collective pulse of the crowd.

The neon lights painted the scene in surreal hues, and for a moment, time seemed to stretch.

The atmosphere inside the club enveloped me in a heady mix of desire and liberation. Every worry and responsibility melted away, leaving me in a state of freedom. My mind was clear, unburdened by a single thought—until I saw him.

The dangerous-looking men were all dressed in expensive suits and exuded an air of confidence and poise. However, one person stood out - Dante. His sharp features were highlighted by the pulsating lights of the club and his aura exuded an air of authority that was magnetic. The black suit he wore was immaculately tailored and complemented his lean, athletic physique. A glinting golden chain hung around his neck, sparkling from the lights. His intense gaze was fixed on me, and I couldn't help but feel a shiver down my spine. Unlike the others in the group, he didn't have a girl in his lap or a cigar in his mouth, but he didn't seem to care— Almost as if he was content with just observing me. Even from a distance his gaze was piercing and intense. The shadows cast by the flickering lights danced across his face, enhancing his sharp features and making him look even more tempting.

My heart quickened, and goosebumps pickled the hairs of my skin. Panic set in, and I turned, desperately seeking Isabella.

Bumping into the guy from the dance floor, I declined his proposition to go home. As I attempted to move past him, a tight grip on my wrist brought me to a sudden halt. The air around us grew thick, and my sight became hazy.

"Go. Home. With. Me." The words hung in the air as the world around me began to blur.

Suddenly, my breathing became shallow, it grew harder to concentrate by the second until it all became black.