47 | Elegance's Touch

DIANA
***

The anticipation for the ball had been building for days, and as the time finally arrived, I couldn't shake off a slight feeling of anxiety. Dante had mentioned that his entire family would be attending, adding a layer of pressure to the evening. We had spent the previous day shopping for the perfect attire for the masquerade party, and now, as I sat in front of my vanity, I was putting the finishing touches on my look. My satin black off-shoulder ball gown draped elegantly over my frame, its pleated train trailing behind me.

I opted for a simple look— A side part with Bombshell curls and honey-brown highlights to add more dimension and shine to my hair. For my eye makeup, I did a classic cat eye and a black-to-brown smokey eye, making my eyes stand out. For my lips, I used a dark red lip liner to create a beautiful ombre effect, gradually blending it into a lighter shade of red towards the center of my lips, achieving a pouty look.

Only until now, did I truly realize how much I looked like my mother.

A soft knock at the door interrupted my preparations, and I called out, "Come in!"

The moment I caught a whiff of the musky cologne, I knew Dante was present. As I continued to look in the vanity mirror, I saw him leaning against the doorframe, his hands casually tucked behind his back. My eyes drank in the sight of him, clad in a crisp white dress shirt that hugged his muscular frame, a black suit jacket that was just the right size, and a dapper bow tie that added a touch of sophistication to his already polished appearance. But what caught my attention the most was his hair. It was usually styled neatly with gel, but now, his hair was free and tousled, with a natural ringlet cascading in various directions, framing his chiseled jawline and adding a hint of boyish charm to his overall look.

Once I got a hold of my staring, I tore my eyes away from him and attempted to stop myself from ripping his clothes off, right then and there. I close my blush and put the fluffy makeup brush back in its original spot.

He too looked very impressed with how I looked and it made me smirk to myself. "You look beautiful," he complimented as he roamed further into the room.

Despite my calm exterior, my heart was beating like crazy from being the subject of his vision— It was a foreign feeling to be admired by someone like him but I was getting used to it each day I spent with him,

"Thank you, Dante." I flashed him a genuine smile as I rose from my vanity.

I sat on the bench at the foot of my bed. I went to pick up one of my black platform heels, but Dante intervened, insisting on helping me.

"Let me," he said softly, his deep voice resonating in my mind, confirming that I'll never forget about the beautiful melody.

He pulled up his dress pants before he squatted. I handed him the heel and lifted my leg, inherently revealing the slit of my dress. For a brief moment, his gaze flickered between my eyes and my parted legs, he seemed like he was debating with himself in his head about something, something I wondered if it was about me.

While touching the heel of my foot, he slipped on the heel with ease. As my eyes watched his every move, I couldn't help but notice the position that we were in. A mischievous smirk graced my lips as thoughts of doing things that would lead to us not going to the ball crossed my mind.

An impish smirk crossed my lips as a mischievous idea formed in my mind. "Dante, can I touch your hair?" I asked, my tone tinged with mischievousness.

He nodded, still fastening the buckle to my other heel.

His curls were like satin ribbons, soft and luxurious beneath my touch. Each strand seemed to have a life of its own, spiraling and twisting into its unique shape. As my fingers trailed through his hair, I felt the texture change subtly, from silky smooth to springy coils, a silent testament to the natural beauty of his locks.