35 | A Playful Love

DIANA
***

As I finished my morning routine, I got dressed in the outfit I picked out earlier— A black and white Yankees bomber jacket that was slightly oversized and covered my black hoodie. The bomber jacket was a perfect match with my slightly baggy mom jeans and gave me a sporty yet stylish look. I spent some extra time straightening my hair, and it cascaded over my collarbone in perfectly aligned strands. My bamboo earrings peeked through the strands of my hair mirroring the way my high-top Jordans showed themselves from under the hem of my jeans.

Before leaving my room, I grabbed my purse, filling it with essentials such as my lipgloss and warm vanilla perfume I had applied earlier.

As I descended the grand staircase, I spotted Dante fully dressed, awaiting at the very bottom.

"Were you trying to copy me?" I teased, making his attention go to me.

He turned around, facing me. "Of course not," He quickly remarked, a lively smirk playing on his rosy lips.

Dante opted for a sporty yet fashionable ensemble, resembling mine with his twist. He wore a black and white Yankees baseball cap to the back, with the brim tilted slightly down, covering the raven-colored ringlets of his thick hair.

Instead of bamboo earrings, he wore golden stud earrings that reflected an enhanced brilliance in his vibrant eyes. Underneath his cap, he sported a black hoodie, similar to mine, creating a coordinated aesthetic between us. Over the hoodie, he layered a black bomber jacket with white accents, reminiscent of my Yankees bomber jacket. The slightly oversized fit of the bomber jacket gave him a casual yet fashionable silhouette, perfectly complementing his slightly baggy dad jeans.

To complete his outfit, Dante wore classic white Jordan sneakers with black accents, mirroring the color scheme of his cap and jacket.

He pulled me closer by my hand, "You smell good," he complimented, his gaze flickering from mine to my lips

I couldn't help but laugh. "Flattery won't get you out of the copying accusation," I quipped, with a smile.

"Who said I was trying to get out of it? Maybe I just wanted to look as good as you do." He feigned innocence.

Playfully I rolled my eyes, "Right."

"Are you ready to go?"

With a nod, we headed out of the house, the cool autumn air greeting us as we stepped out.

As we strolled along, Dante's hand found mine, our fingers intertwining effortlessly. His touch sent a warmth coursing through me, a comforting reminder of his presence by my side.

I let go of his hand slowly, looking over at him with a playful smile.

His small smile diminished as his thick eyebrows pulled together, "What's wrong, Diana?"

My smile only grew wider at his confusion, "Race you to the car!" I quickly let out and began sprinting.

Dante's hearty laughter filled the air as he watched me dart off ahead. Without missing a beat, he took off after me, his footsteps echoing against the pavement.

 Without missing a beat, he took off after me, his footsteps echoing against the pavement