34 | His Principessa

DIANA
***

The sunlight shone through the balcony, seeping into the slits of my shut eyes. Briefly, I relished in the comforting feeling of the temporary warmth the autumn sun bathed me in before I reached out for Dante, only for him to not be beside me.

Squinting my eyes open, I groaned as my suspicion was confirmed. How could he just leave after last night?

I rose from my belly and turned myself over to sit upright in the bed. As I lay there, feeling a mixture of frustration and longing, the scent of his cologne lingered in the air and on my body, a persistent reminder of his presence that once filled the room. It was maddening, how his scent seemed to envelop me, taunting me with memories of our time together.

Suddenly, I heard the door creak open, and my heart skipped a beat as I saw Dante standing there, shirtless and utterly captivating.

"Morning, principessa." He greeted, his baritenor voice husky with sleep. I couldn't tear my gaze away from him, etching every inch of his perfectly sculpted physique into my memory.
(Princess)

He carried a tray with food on it— An omelet, multiple pieces of crispy reddish brown bacon, a variety of colorful fruits, dark chocolate, and water. The aroma of all the food mixed and wafted into the air.

A smile crossed my face, relieved that in the end, I was wrong and he didn't just up and leave after last night.

"Morning." it came out more chirpy than anticipated, leaving me slightly embarrassed, "To this day, you call me that, knowing I hate it."

"Guilty as charged," He deeply chuckled, setting the tray down on the bed beside me. The comforting aroma of the food filled the room, making my stomach quietly growl in anticipation.

I couldn't help but smile at his teasing, feeling a warmth spread through each limb of my body at his playful banter. Despite my initial annoyance, I found myself unable to stay mad at him for long.

As he knelt beside me, his gaze never leaving mine, I felt a flicker of excitement in my chest— It was different though, just like the one I remembered feeling as a young girl. There was something about the way he looked at me as if I were the only person in the world, that made me feel like my heart dropped to my stomach.

"I'll admit, it's grown on me," I revealed, unable to suppress a smile. "But don't let it get to your head."

He grinned, his dimples deepening as he reached out to brush a stray lock of hair from my face. "Wouldn't dream of it, principessa." His tone was laced with raw affection that made my breath hitch in my throat briefly.

With an animated glint in his eyes, he gestured to the tray of food. "I hope you like it."

I eagerly reached for the plate of bacon, the savory aroma teasing my senses. Taking a bite, I savored the crispy consistency and rich flavor, as well as this moment with Dante by my side.

He watched me intently as I ate, "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby," I replied with a mouth full of food.

Dante's head dipped shortly as his deep laughter filled the air once more, a rich, melodic sound that never failed to warm my heart. "Your dimples are adorable," I remarked, awestruck and unable to keep it to myself.

Maybe it was because I needed glasses but it appeared like a soft blush tinged the apples of his cheeks momentarily, "Thank you."

A comfortable silence filled the space between us until I spoke up, "Did you make this yourself?"