9) Sophia

The glass wouldn't break. Their only chance of getting out was to break the window.

"Rick! I have something that might help." Carol said.

"Carol, I don't think a nail files gonna do it." Shane snapped.

"Fuck off Shane. Let her help." Alicia scolded him, looking back to Carol.

Daryl watched her, standing up for people she barely knew. He didn't know how she could be so authoritative yet so sweet.

"Your first morning at camp, when I washed your uniform I found this in your pocket." She pulled out a hand grenade.

"Carol..." Alicia grinned. "You're my new favorite person."

Daryl pulled Alicia back, watching as Rick readied the grenade. "Get down! Get down!" He yelled.

Alicia covered her ears, cursing as it exploded. "Shit."

She looked up seeing the glass was shattered. "Let's go!" She pulled on Daryl, jumping through the window. They head for his car before she stopped.

"Wait!" She stopped Daryl. "Dales not coming." She looked back at the CDC. "I have to go back."

Daryl grabbed her shoulders. "No! No you gotta come on! They made their decision."

Alicia looked around as walkers began to swarm them. "Fuck." She groaned before allowing Daryl to pull her away.

The two jumped into his truck, completely out of breath. "Let's get the hell out of here."

"Wait! Wait!" Alicia cried, realizing Dale and Andrea where coming out. "They got out."

She stuck her head out of the window, yelling to Dale. "Dale get down!"

She managed to get it out just before Daryl pulled her down, covering her head.

—————

"I said it. Didn't I say it? A thousand times dead in the water." Dale sighed, leaning against the parked RV. The radiator hose had busted again.

"Problem Dale?" Shane sneered.

"Oh, just a small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere, with no hope of- Okay, that was dumb." He sighed.

Shane looked around. "Can't find a radiator hose here."

"There's a whole buncha' stuff we can find." Daryl shrugged.

"Can siphon more fuel from these cars for a start." T-Dog suggested.

"Maybe some water." Alicia said from her place beside Daryl.

"Or food." Glenn added.

"This is a graveyard.I don't know how I feel about this." Alicia rolled her eyes at Lori. They had to survive one way or the other.

"Come on y'all. Look around, gather what you can." Shane instructed.

Daryl and Alicia walked off together, looking through the cars. Alicia had noticed that they always seemed to be together.

"Are we friends?" She asked out of the blue.

"Huh?" Daryl grunted.

"Are we friends?"

He kicked a rock, looking down at the ground. "I guess so."

Alicia was beginning to learn that Daryl wasn't good with feeling or relationships with people. She tried to lighten the mood.

"Good cause you're about the only one of these yahoos I can stand." She grinned.

Daryl chuckled. "Guess that's a good thing." He looked past her, his eyes going wide. "Get down." He said hurriedly, pulling her onto the ground.

"What?" She looked behind her, watching as a hoard of walkers made their way towards them. "Shit." She whispered, crawling under a car with Daryl.

Alicia's breathing became heavy, her heart rate increasing. Daryl took his hand wrapping it around her waist to pull her closer.

"Shh. Shh." He whispered.

Alicia felt trapped. There were walkers surrounding the entire car and if she made one sound they would find her.

The two watched as the walkers faded away, not daring to move until they heard someone else's voice.

Daryl helped Alicia up off the ground, watching as she brushed off her shirt. "You ok?"

She nodded. "Yeah I'm fine."

They walked back to the rest of the group, finding a distraught Carol and an out of breath Rick.

"What happened?" She asked, looking to Rick.

"Two walkers chased my baby into the woods." Carol sobbed. Alicia instantly wrapped her arms around her shoulders, letting Carol lean her head into the crook of her neck.

"We'll find her Carol. Don't worry." She soothed. She looked to Daryl who just turned to Rick.

"Do you know which way she went?" He asked. "I can track her if we got footprints."