45) Mr. Big Shot

They had given Andrea a car to go back to Woodbury in. Alicia didn't think it was the best decision but it wasn't her call.

Now it was nighttime and Alicia was standing beside Daryl. His arm was wrapped around her, her head resting on his shoulder. She placed their intertwined hands over her stomach, smiling as Beth began to sing.

Rick walked down the steps, carrying Judith. Alicia couldn't help but cherish the moments like these. Everything was silent except for the sound of Beth's voice carrying through the prison.

All she focused on was the feeling of Daryl's arm around her and the warmth radiating off his body. There weren't many moments like this anymore, so she made sure to appreciate the ones she got.

Even though there was a darkness looming over them, and a tension through their people... these moments made everyone forget all of that.

Alicia knew that tomorrow wasn't a promise. She knew that at any time something could take Daryl or anyone else she loved away from her. So, she promised herself she wouldn't think about that. Now while Daryl was kissing her temple and Beth was singing a sweet melody.

"Some reunion huh?" Daryl asked, looking across Hershel to Rick.

"She's in a jam." Rick sighed.

Hershel nodded. "We all are."

Alicia looked up from her spot against Daryl's chest. "Andrea's persuasive."

Hershel sighed. "Yes but this man's armed to the teeth. Bent on destruction."

It was silent for a minute before Daryl spoke. "So what you wanna do?"

"We match it." Rick said. "I'm going on a run."

"We'll head out tomorrow." Alicia said, furrowing her brows.

"No you stay here." He looked to Daryl. "Keep an eye on your brother. I'm glad you're back, really. But if he causes a problem it's on you."

Daryl nodded. "I got him."

Rick looked around the group. "I'll take Michonne."

"You sure that's a good idea?" Daryl asked.

"I'll find out." He nodded. "And Carl. He's ready." He looked at Daryl, a certainty in his eyes. "You hold it down here."

Daryl pulled Alicia tighter to his side. "You got it."

—————

Alicia laid in bed with Daryl, staring up at the ceiling. "So you're going to meet them tomorrow?" He grunted in response. "Why can I not go?"

He sighed, twisting some of her hair around his fingers. "Cause of what he did." With a reluctant groan Daryl sat up in the bed. Alicia looked at him, watching a thousand emotions flash across his eyes. "You still ain't talked to me about that."

Alicia sighed, running a hand over her face. "There ain't nothing else to talk about."

Daryl shook his head. "Darlin'... he raped you."

Alicia grimaced. She didn't like hearing it out loud. "I know." She sighed. "But that's all there is to it. Ain't nothing else to say."

"Ali." He grabbed her face, forcing her to look at him. "Why won't you talk to me? You ain't even kissed me since the day I came back. Every time I kiss your forehead... you just flinch away."

She shivered. "I just... every time I think about kissing somebody... all I see is his face."

Daryl nodded, chewing on his bottom lip. "You know I won't do nothing till you're ready."

She smiled, rubbing her thumb over his cheek. "I know."

—————
Alicia stood with her arms crossed as Daryl mounted his bike. "You're sure you'll be alright?"

He chuckled, reaching out or poke her in the chest. "You need to stop worrying."

She rolled her eyes. "You better leave before I cut that hand off, Dixon."

"Yes ma'am." He revved his engine, grinning to himself as Alicia laughed. She shook her head, watching as he rode off.

"You two are disgusting." Carl said, walking to stand beside Alicia.

She laughed, nudging his shoulder. "You'll meet a girl one day, and you'll do the same thing."

He stuck his tongue out, scrunching up his face. "No way."

"Yes way." She smirked.

Carl laughed, grabbing her hand and dragging her back into the prison. "Cmon, I gotta show you something."

"What?" She laughed, following the younger boy.

"Michonne and I found this." He reached under his bed and pulled out a chess board. In a plastic bag were all the pieces.

"No way!" Alicia grinned. "Dude I haven't played chess in forever!" She took the board from him, setting it up on a table. "Can you play?"

He grinned, nodding his head. "And I bet I can whoop your butt."

"Oh Ho! Alright then Mr. big shot we'll see how that works out for ya!"