59) South

It had been a day, and Hershel had cleared Alicia to get out of the Quarantine cell. She and Daryl were up on the perch with Rick. He had just told them about Carol.

Daryl was quite frankly very pissed off. So was Alicia. Carol was one of their best friends. She was like a little grandmother to Jordan.

"I haven't told Tyrese yet." Rick sighed. "I don't know how he's gonna take it."

Alicia looked to her husband who was leaning against the railing. "Let's go find out." She said.

They walked down the dark hallways to Tyrese's cell block. He found them first, marching up to them. "You guys gotta see this."

"Can we take a beat? There's something we need to talk about." Rick said.

"It can wait. Come on." Her turned and began walking in the other direction.

Alicia looked to Daryl who just shrugged and followed him. Soon they came into an opening. "The hell?" Daryl grunted.

He walked closer, shining his flashlight down towards the ground. Alicia moved to stand beside him. It looked like a rabbit that had been gutted.

"I was down here looking for... answers. I found this. Same person that killed Karen and David did this." Tyrese said. "Remember the rats at the fence? They showed up the same day she was killed. We got a psychopath living with us."

"Tyrese."

"We gotta find em, Rick. And I'm not gonna sleep until we do."

"Tyrese..." Rick started. "Whoever did this, I don't think that's who killed Karen."

"Why?"

Just as he said it, a loud band sounded overhead. They looked up at the ceiling, pieces falling down on them.

"Come on." Daryl grabbed Alicia's hand, running out of the tombs. They ran out into the courtyard.

"Get back!" Rick yelled to Maggie, Beth, and Carl. They gathered around the gate, Beth handing Jordan to Alicia.

Her eyes widened at what she saw. A archway of cars and trucks and right in the middle a tank. The governor stood on top of it.

"Rick! Come down here! We need to talk."

"It's not up to me!" He yelled back. "There's a council now! They run this place!"

"Is Hershel on the council?" He asked. Alicia furrowed her brows. She watched as a woman brought Hershel out of a truck. "What about Michonne."

Alicia grabbed Beth's hand to comfort her, holding Jordan tight to her chest with the other arm.

Rick breathed heavily. "I don't make decisions anymore!"

"You're making decisions today Rick. Come down here and let's... let's have that talk."

Rick looked to Daryl, shading a silent nod. He said something to Carl before Daryl opened the gate.

The group watched as he walked down the gravel trail. "We can't take em all on." Daryl said. "We'll go through the admin building through the woods like we planned. We ain't got the numbers no more. When's the last time someone checked the stash on the bus?"

"Day before we hit the big spot." Alicia answered. "We were low on ration then, we're lower now."

"Yeah we'll manage." He turned to Sasha and Tyrese. "Things go south head for that bus. Let everybody know."

"What if everybody doesn't know when things go bad?" Tyrese asked. "How long do we wait?"

"As long as we can."