32) My Girl

Alicia smiled, walking into the courtyard to see Carl, Beth, and Lori helping Hershel walk around.

"Look at you." She grinned, stopping to stand in front of him. "A few more days and you'll be running all over the place."

Hershel smiled. "Carl here is the real hero. He wrapped all this cloth around the crutches so my arms wouldn't hurt. Wouldn't be able to stand it for so long if he didn't."

Carl blushed, obviously proud of the attention. "Good job Carl." Alicia smiled, patting him on the back.

"You doing great daddy." Beth smiled as they rounded the corner.

Carl smirked. "Ready to race, Hershel?"

The old man smiled. "You give me another day, I'll take you on."

Alicia smiled as they continued to walk. Suddenly Carl yelled. "Walkers! Look out!"

Alicia spun around, immediately drawing her gun. She shot two down before looking to Hershel. He was trying to get out of the way.

"Beth!" She yelled, rubbing over to Hershel. "Help me get your dad!"

Alicia was almost to Hershel when she felt a bony hand on her shoulder, it pulled her back, almost in a headlock. She screamed, trying to pull away from it.

Daryl saw from afar, running faster towards the gate. "No!" He yelled as he watched her struggle to fight it off.

Alicia groaned, reaching down to grab her gun. She managed to pull it out of the holster, reaching behind her and shooting the walker.

She sighed as it fell off of her before rushing over to Beth and Hershel.

Both girls helped Hershel hobbled into a gated off areas, somewhere they would be remotely safe.

"I gotta go back out there." Alicia sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Daryl-"

"Will be fine." Hershel assured her. "It's probably overrun by walkers at this point and you need to just lay low."

She nodded, sitting down beside Beth. They waited a few minutes before they saw Daryl, Glenn and Rick appear.

Daryl ran up to the gate they were behind, waiting for Alicia to unlock it before he swung it open, hugging her. "You ok?" He mumbled.

"I'm fine." She nodded, pulling away from him.

"What the hell happened?" Rick asked.

"The gate was open." Beth answered.

"Where's Lori, Carl, everyone else?" He asked.

"Maggie led Lori and Carl into C block." Alicia nodded. "T was bit."

"Anyone else?"

"We couldn't tell." Beth sighed.

"Stay put." Rick said.

Alicia grabbed Daryl's hand. "I'm coming and don't you try and stop me." She said, closing Hershel and Beth's gate behind her.

He opened his mouth to protests before closing it again. They ran into the courtyard, shooting walkers left and right. Suddenly an alarm started blaring, only attracting more walkers.

"What the hell!?" Daryl groaned. They began to shoot at the speakers, trying to make it stop.

They walked up to the prisoners, Rick pointing his gun at them. "How the hell can this be happening?"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, it has to be the backup generators!" Oscar said, holding up his hands.

"Well how do you turn those on?" Rick snapped.

"There's three that's connected to a diesel tank, okay? Each one controls a certain part of the prison. The hatch shut them all off when the prison was overrun!" He explained.

"Can someone open up the main gates electronically, with full power?" Alicia asked.

"Well, I only went in there a few days, I... I guess it might be possible." He nodded.

Rick sighed. "Come with us."

"Let's go!" Glenn said, following behind Rick.

They ran I to cell block C, looking for people and a way to stop the alarms.

"Lori! Carl!" Rick yelled. They split ways, Rick going in the opposite direction.

Alicia, Daryl, Glenn, and the prisoners saw five walkers coming towards them. Alicia stepped in front of the group, dramatically cracking her knuckles.

"Stand back boys, lemme show you how it's done." She smirked, pulling out her knife and her gun.

She walked forwards, grinning as two walkers advanced on her. "Hi fella's." She smiled, plunging her knife into one's skull and shooting the other.

Another one tried to grab at her, she kicked it back against the wall before stabbing it. She sighed as the last two came towards her.

She stepped to the side, lining them up before pulling the trigger. Her bullet went straight through both of their heads.

She smiled to herself, pretending to blow the smoke out of her gun as she walked back to the boys.

"She's a badass." One of the prisoners muttered.

Daryl was standing with a smirk on his face, his eyes dark as he watched her walk back.

Glenn patted his shoulder. "Save it for tonight." He chuckled.

Daryl smiled as she walked past them, going to find Rick. "That's my girl."